Since the hurricane, it's all confusing

pcbcruiser

According to our ship itineray we will be in Grand Cayman on a Wed from 7-2 and Cozumel the next day from 9-6.

With the tendering in process, does this give us time to do an excursion? We want to swim with the stingrays in Grand Cayman and ATV in Cozumel. Any suggestions?

thanks

Usually the ships that arrive at 7:00am are there until 4:00pm. That is not much time considering you have to allow for tendering. I would go online to the excursion you are considering booking and see what times they show for that tour. If they leave at approx. 8:30 and return to the pier around 12:30/1:00 then you're ok. I would recheck the times on the RCL website and also check their excursions to get an idea of the times they are allowing.

According to our ship itineray we will be in Grand Cayman on a Wed from 7-2 and Cozumel the next day from 9-6.

With the tendering in process, does this give us time to do an excursion? We want to swim with the stingrays in Grand Cayman and ATV in Cozumel. Any suggestions?

thanks

Hi - my family and I were just there 2 weeks ago. We were on Celebrity and was in GC from 7-3:30. We booked privately for stingray/snorkel tour thru Nativeway. They are great and I would recommend them. You can book this by email if you go to their website. It is true that ship excursions get off the ship first, depending on the times of your ship's excursions (just look online). However since we didn't book a ships excursion, we just made sure we got to the area where the ship hands out tender tickets shortly after we arrived in GC. Our excursion with Nativeway was at 9:30 and we actually had time to walk around GC until we met our tour. They meet you right there at the pier once you tender in. So it is no problem. Nativeway had several tours going and they are very aware of tendering delays. You don't have to pay upfront for the excursion. We had to reserve the booking with a credit card number, but didn't pay until we were on the boat. If there are problems where the ship doesn't get in because of weather, Nativeway will not charge you. They keep close watch on what the ships are doing.

Any other questions, just let me know. Good luck! Cathy

Archived