9a Balcony and next door 8a - can you open it all up

vesw01

My friend and I are thinking of taking our families on a cruise - one would get the 9a and the other the 8a next door - any chance we could make it one giant balcony - are there are ships you can and others you can't?

You can on many of the Spirit class ships (not all balconies), the Conquest class ships the divider doesn't completely come off... there are alot of pictures posted around here... Not all the AFT balconies do this either. Also, you will need to ask the pursers desk immediately, as they are only allowed to open a certain number per cruise.

Wow I wouldn't have known to ask right away-who knew (well Goin I guess you did)

I will have to explore further - should your PVP know if they can open?

No, I doubt your PVP will know... most of them are clueless, LOL. You can do a search, on your cabin numbers, and will probably come up with your answer... just search on the cabin number only.

We booked the 9a on the Liberty, and our daughter has the 8a. The pvp told me that they can not be opened up between the two of them. She said none of the 9a can be opened up to the 8a. Don't know if she knows for sure, but she looked it up for me.

Not true- the people next to us in the wrap around had their divider opened for the cabin next to them across the back. THe divider opened to the wrap around balcony.

We had the L shape cabin next to the L shape and it could have been opened but blocked our window.

this was the port side.

But some dividers will open and be over the window (not a problem) but some dividers when opened into the balcony will block the door.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/548033450/2498147650062547426hYwqZI

the divider here can swing both ways.

Archived