Best CC Class cabin on Millie????

calberry

OK, if you were 1st in line (which we hope to be since 'our' 14 day Venice to Barcelona cruise is still a couple of weeks away from being 'bookable') which concierge cabin on Millie would you ask for, and why?

I have searched for, found, and read several threads on the 'general' concierge topic, but since it is raining and I don't have much else to do right now except fantasize about another cruise (Regent PG in June is next) I thought I would start a new one.

I see the following options.

1) Take what they give me...I don't like to play that way.

2) Aft location. My wife thinks they would feel like you were looking out a tunnel. I think they look pretty cool, and think it would be fun sitting at the rail on the back with feet up, cocktail in one hand and camera in the other.

3) Aft deck choice. Is the Ocean Grill that noisy that the dragging of chairs would be that bothersome (we were on a cruise under the pool deck and it was very difficult trying to take mid-day naps with all the chairs being dragged around on the steel decking)? Do you have privacy from above (any deck) or do the people above look right down on you?

4) 9038/9043 and 8046/8045 are intribuing with the larger deck (did see someone's great pictures of the 8046 deck). Any noise from overhead with the 9's?

5) And 6143/6144 appear to have more square footage in the cabin as well as having larger decks (with teak flooring I think I read.) But at that they do look small compared the neighbors!

So many choices.

And, is it true that I read that the starboard side is non-smoking and port is smoking? We definitely are non smokers. Had a guy last cruise in the cabin just foward of us that smoked cigars on his deck...which redered ours useless for that period of time.

Thanks in advance for any/all advice...objective or subjective.

Steve

My personal choices: Any Aft cabin...We are usually on Deck 7. It is extremely quiet, and as for feeling you're looking out of a tunnel...not at all! The cabin has a wonderful feeling of spaciousness...and you're right...a cocktail, camera, and enjoying that fantastic view is heaven...

In 12 days, I get to experience it all over again....

Karyn

We loved cabin 8046 on the Mille. No noise from any other cabins and the protection from the wind made it perfect for sitting on while the ship was in motion. I would book that cabin again anytime!

As far as smoking...the starboard side smoking is only referring to public areas, such as bars and around the pool. There IS smoking allowed in all cabins, both sides of the ship. This is no smoking in the showrooms, dining rooms, and buffet.

Happy Daydreaming!!

We were in 6143 in Feb and the cabin is about 1 ft wider but the balcony is 3 times (at least) deeper. We also have this cabin booked in March '07 on the Constellation. Very quiet location. You have to get use to the walk since it is further than most from all the public places. The exercise is good for us after all those delicious meals. Enjoy your planning.

Hey Sheila, I see you have done Windjammers? Which ones? We have done two: Legacy (May '99) and Mandalay (May '04). Of all the cruises we have ever done they are far and away my favorites! We were booked to do Fantome but had to re-book to Legacy after she was lost (how sad was that!!!)

Steve

Steve,

Don't want to hijack this thread...but we, too, loved Windjammers. I don't try to compare that experience with traditional cruises because they are so different. We're the only people we know who love both at different times. Did the Fantome twice and loved her...very sad lost, Poly, and Mandalay. My bad knees have kept us from doing another one now but we still think about it. You can email me at spengle@gmail.com if you want to talk about them OR we can start another thread. My apologies to those interested in the Millie which I loved sailing last fall. It's a lovely ship and on our cruise we didn't have any of the problems discussed in other threads.

4) 9038/9043 and 8046/8045 are intribuing with the larger deck (did see someone's great pictures of the 8046 deck). Any noise from overhead with the 9's?

Steve, we've stayed in 9038 on Infinity and enjoyed the larger deck. I don't recall there being any noise from above. One thing I would mention is that due to the odd shape of the deck, when you're near the rail you can see all the other decks looking aft and they can see you. You do have privacy when you're under the covered part. Also, it's convenient to cafe directly below you.

Hi Ted, good observation about looking aft and seeing all the decks, something to think about...but I guess that is the same as being far aft and seeing everyone left and right as well as up and down.

But I'm a little confused as to where the cafe is that you say is 'directly below'. I checked the deck plans for both the Infinity and Millie and all I see below (for 3 decks anyway) are more cabins. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Steve

And Sheila, I guess I started the 'hi-jacking' in talking about Windjammer, but I figured that since I started the thread I could take some editorial license.

I would absolutely pick 6144/43 . They are smaller than the suite cabins next to them, but the square footage IS bigger than the standard CC cabins. The HUGE deck and the fact that it is teak makes it the best cabin in it's price catagory (IMHO).

Karynanne and Tedson, I just looked at your 'locations'. We are practically neighbors, or could have been. We lived in Clayton for over 10 years and moved to Brisbane to shorten our commutes after the kids left home. I work in downtown SF.

Steve

Karynanne and Tedson, I just looked at your 'locations'. We are practically neighbors, or could have been. We lived in Clayton for over 10 years and moved to Brisbane to shorten our commutes after the kids left home. I work in downtown SF.

Steve

Steve, I can understand why you moved...the commute would be grueling each day to S.F. We love it here...and are fortunate to have our office's in our home...

Karyn

Archived