Empress of the Seas- OS- 9184

JanMD

Any photos of the cabin of the owners cabin in the aft of the ship?

Any one else stayed in the cabin? I understand there is a whirlpool in the bathroom.

What about the privacy issue with the rock climbing over?

Did they close the rock climbing at night?

Did the virtual tour- but it looks like there 2 twin beds and then is it a double sleeper out in the sitting area?

thanks,

Jan

These are the actual pictures of your suite, 9184: http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAMmzFqyZuW7jA. These are not my pictures--they are the ones I found on this board before we went on the cruise. It's a wonderful suite and you will love that jacuzzi bathtub!

I spent more time there than I did on the balcony...Our room steward (Sheldon) told us that this suite had just been redone this past year (it all looked very new!) and that the front OS and Royal Suite had yet to be redone and would be refurbished this coming Nov. The only complaint I had about 9184 is that is is a long walk to everything but the diningroom below...

thanks- that is exactly what we were looking for. We are used to the Princess ships. The sitting area is really small. And we noticed that the balconies are not open to one another. It doesn't look the balcony has any shade at all. Is that correct?

How did you get to the bathroom with the sleep sofa out?

Jan

There are two seperate balconies--one off the bedroom and one off the sitting area. Warning: there is no privacy on the balcony--I realized this as soon as I ran out half naked to throw my bathing suit on a chair to dry and looked up...you are directly under the rock climbing wall and everyone is hanging over the edge to see the ocean (its surprisingly quiet though--except for a distant ringing of bells or cheers). There are only 2 lounge chairs on the balcony but you can request more if you need them. THe room steward was very good about washing down the balcony to get rid of the black soot. There was a good mixture of both sun and shade on either of the balconies at various times of the day. Still, the sun and heat is very intense in some of the ports even when there is shade.

The sitting area is basically just an armchair, couch and coffee table. As far as getting to the bathroom with the couch made out, that is a really good question! It was just my husband and I so we didn't even realize that the couch made into a bed...I can't imagine where the coffee table will go at night?? It seems like it would be a very tight squeeze! (Your luggage will fit nicely under the bed though).

Also, make sure you bring along post-it notes (the super sticky ones) and a black marker. The room steward, Sheldon, was very nice but he has only been on the ship a month. Frankly, I was a bit surprised he was the one assigned to the owner's suite as he was not quite as on top of things that the other room steward next to us seemed to be....but if you write down specifically what you want on the post-it and stick it to the front (outside) of your door--you will definately get it! We ended up giving him an extremely large tip because he tried so hard! But in the beginning I was a bit concerned--he did not get around to giving us fresh towels the first night because he said he was too busy--which I understood but I really wanted a clean towel the next morning! Also, the bed is terrible! Hard as a rock--write to Luis (the guy who should have sent you a note by now asking if you have any questions or requests) and tell him you want a foam mattress. I did this a week before we boarded and it helped so much but our friends waited until after they were on board and all they had left was a down comforter to lay on top of the mattress. Request the foam mattress ASAP!

Are you going on the 11 day? Did you read the rest of Christine's review?? I hope you are going to do Silvermoon 1 in Barbados if you go! It was an incredible experience! Have a great time! All in all, it was a great cabin and a nice cruise...

We are scheduled Philly to Bermuda over Memorial Day week. The sofa in the sitting room says "Pullman Bed"--perhaps it doesn't pull out? We are concerned now about soot on the balcony--especially since we are at sea for 2 days--I totally ruined a couple of outfits and shoes a few years ago because of soot on the pool deck.

I can't comment on the bed--I just don't know. If you are taking kids, I think it will be fine. If you are going with another couple, your privacy will be limited....only a curtain between bedroom and livingroom and whoever gets bedroom will have to treck thru livingroom to bathroom..you get the picture.

As far as the soot, we never had one particle on us--and we would have known because we sat out there with our white terry robes on which remained white the whole trip. The room steward washes everythign on the balcony down each morning and flips the furniture over at night so it remains clean.

Great news about the black stuff on the balcony. It is 3 adults in the cabin. We were wondering on the photos from the ship the one owner's cabin at the front of the ship might be bigger??

Thanks for all your help. Your photos were perfect!!

How was portifino's on that ship? And where is the internet cafe on the ship also?? I can't find the cafe at all.

thanks,

J

Somewhere on this board there are also photos of the front OS--I think it was AltaJoe's pix--try doing a search. There is an internet cafe midship but if you bring your laptop its the same price per minute to connect. When Luis write to you, tell him to book you Portofino's also.

Found his photos. It looked like the front of the ship has a bigger balcony- but the movement in the front of the ship going over to Bermuda is not where you want to be. We couldn't tell if the cabin itself was bigger or not.

Thanks for the link.

Jan

Thanks for all the photos and the information about the cabin.

Has anyone else been in this cabin and used the sofa? Is it a trundle bed or a sleep sofa? There are drawers below the sofa, just can't tell. Have been on many cruises, and this cabin has all wondering.

Jan

• 12 years later...