Forgotten items in staterooms

Boxer_Mom

On the Carnival Inspiration out of New Orleans a couple of years ago, when we were stowing our luggage under the bed, we found a carry-on type suitcase. Now when we disembark, we need all the luggage space we can get our hands on, so we marvelled at the previous occupant's ability to depart from a cruise ship with one less piece of luggage than they came on with!

Anyway, the suitcase had a name and Texas address on the handle, and since we had driven to the port, there was no issue of having too much luggage to fly home with. So we just took it home with us (and really appreciated the extra bag!). When we got home, I looked up the name and address on the Internet, found a phone number, and called. The lady there told us an interesting story -- about the second day of their cruise, the air conditioning in that cabin failed, and the staff allowed them to move to another cabin (imagine that, an empty cabin was availalble!). Apparently during the move, they must have forgotten the bag under the bed. The staff must have gotten the A/C fixed, because we never had that problem. I offered to ship the suitcase to her, but she said, "Don't bother -- just keep it." So we did.

But I never did figure out how she didn't miss the bag when she packed up to disembark...

John

On our first Princess cruise, I checked the safe thoroughly, as I always do - only 'cos I've spent frantic minutes myself looking for things only to find them under the lip of the safe - and found a $100 bill under the safe mat!

I "kind of" turned it in - used that for BINGO money ;) .

Since then, not only do I check the safe thoroughly before and after use, but I keep my things in a bag l(thanks to tips from the folks here).

Have you ever found items in your stateroom that the steward may have overlooked?

Just curious :)

I found a gaudy cheap CZ ring-since I knew it was not real I turned it over to the steward-if it had been real I would have taken it the purser's desk.

I became a "liberated woman" for 10 or 15 years, eschewing bras. When I decided to wear them again, boy, I suffered sticker shock. Bras that I remembered costing $6 to $10 were now in the $35 range!

I never wore a bra until about 10 years ago (except under sheer blouses). I've been married for 15 years and DH used to point to them when we were in lingerie depts jokingly asking "Do you know what those are?".

One day, for no real reason, I decided that I really liked them and wanted to wear them. No cheapo Victoria Secret stuff for me....I went to the really finely made, gorgeous european ones which are easily in the $100. range. But I figure I saved so much by not wearing them for so many years, I'm still ahead. :)

No one will ever find one of mine left behind on a ship. I count! LOL!!!

Archived