Drinks on board

Are drinks included - alcohol and non-alcohol - on board, like all-inclusive resorts?

No. You can get coffee, hot chocolate, tap water, milk and juices (breakfast) at the restaurants or buffet for free. Cappucino is offered in the dining room There is an unlimited soda card you can purchase, or you can bring your own on the ship. For alcohol the prices all include an automatic 15% tip. You can call ahead (at least 2 weeks prior to cruising) and order a bar set up (bottles for your cabin). If your interested in the bar set up do a search here on the CC board and you will get a lot of information.

Iced tea, Hot Tea, and Lemonade are also available for free.

A word of advice: if you order coffee, iced tea or lemonade in a bar, lounge or theater, you will be charged for the drink and the 15% service charge. You can always go to the buffet or Blue Lagoon (on Dawn, Star and Jewel) for the free beverages (coffee, tea, milk and lemonade)

Iced tea, Hot Tea, and Lemonade are also available for free.

A word of advice: if you order coffee, iced tea or lemonade in a bar, lounge or theater, you will be charged for the drink and the 15% service charge. You can always go to the buffet or Blue Lagoon (on Dawn, Star and Jewel) for the free beverages (coffee, tea, milk and lemonade)

I don't remember seeing Lemonade on any of my cruises......I'll have to look for it next time.

I don't remember seeing Lemonade on any of my cruises......I'll have to look for it next time.

You will look a very very long time ;) They sometimes offer it at dinner but not free:eek: Last cruise I remember lemonade on an NCL ship was years ago. I used to enjoy half and half - Tea and lemonade

You know, come to think of it, no one had Lemonade, except at dinner (my 8 year old) on my Star cruise last year. They did have it on the Star in 2002 in Hawaii because that is how we found out about the charge and service fee. My wife ordered a lemonade in the Spinnaker Lounge one evening and was shocked to have to pay for it. The next night she just stopped in the Market Cafe before we went to the lounge and filled a couple of glasses with Lemonade there.

Must have done away with it......

I'm a lemonade freak, and haven't found any lemonade on the Sky, Star or Spirit. We've never sailed with kids before, but will be on the Star with kids in June. I'll look for lemonade on the kids menu. Heck, I wouldn't even care if I had to pay for it!

Hikini:D

No. You can get coffee, hot chocolate, tap water, milk and juices (breakfast) at the restaurants or buffet for free. Cappucino is offered in the dining room There is an unlimited soda card you can purchase, or you can bring your own on the ship.

Hot chocolate is availabe as a free drink? Do they have the instant that could be taken to the room? Could you fill an insulated cup with hot water at a buffet and take an instant mix to the room for a late evening drink?

Have seen many different answers about taking soft drinks on board. Would I have a problem taking on 3 bottles? I like the ones with the screw on cap so the drink stays fresh. I'm afraid I'm addicted to the stuff and need it just before going to bed and in the morning to take some medication - I don't drink coffee, so this is my caffeine.

Anyone know the current charge for the soda card?

Hot chocolate is availabe as a free drink? Do they have the instant that could be taken to the room? Could you fill an insulated cup with hot water at a buffet and take an instant mix to the room for a late evening drink?

Have seen many different answers about taking soft drinks on board. Would I have a problem taking on 3 bottles? I like the ones with the screw on cap so the drink stays fresh. I'm afraid I'm addicted to the stuff and need it just before going to bed and in the morning to take some medication - I don't drink coffee, so this is my caffeine.

Anyone know the current charge for the soda card?

No problem bring all the soda you want.

Powered hot chocolate at the buffet - it is fun to watch passengers grab and run with piles of packs. :D

There will be a hot pot in your cabin - boil water and make hot chocolate whenever you want

Soda Card

Adult Soda Program.

Prepaid @ $5.75 per day per person x Cruise days

Unlimited Fountain Soda

The entire cruise must be purchased

Non-Refundable.

http://www.ncl.com/more/bon_voyage_list.htm#refill

Appreciate the info - many posts say drinks have been taken when they tried to get them onboard, but we'll give it a try. Mother will be glad to hear about the hot chocolate; heck if it is too cold I may be drinking it instead of wine.

Appreciate the info - many posts say drinks have been taken when they tried to get them onboard, but we'll give it a try. Mother will be glad to hear about the hot chocolate; heck if it is too cold I may be drinking it instead of wine.

Drinks=booze that get held until the end of the cruise

No, alcohol drinks are not included....if they were then I think NCL might do under lol....:eek: ..... I just got back from the Dawn and in the dining rooms you can order coffee, tea, cappicino's and lattes' at no extra cost....they are not on the menu but I was told that you could and so I did and they were delicious !

In the self serve areas there was coffee regular and decaf, hot water for teas etc.....iced tea, 3 kind of juices in the morning, water, skim milk and regular milk and they also have a wooden case with specialty teas, regular and decaf which is available all of the time.....hot chocolate packets also...this was on the Dawn.....

On our last cruise on the Paradise they did have lemonade but over all they had less in choices than the Dawn.....

Just don't order non alcohol drinks in any of the bars as you will get charged !:eek:

I'm a lemonade freak, and haven't found any lemonade on the Sky, Star or Spirit. We've never sailed with kids before, but will be on the Star with kids in June. I'll look for lemonade on the kids menu. Heck, I wouldn't even care if I had to pay for it!

Hikini:D

Those little individual packets of lemonade would be really easy to pack! Water is always available to mix it with. Or, just squeeze some lemons and add sugar with the water where the tea is located!!!;)

You will look a very very long time ;) They sometimes offer it at dinner but not free:eek: Last cruise I remember lemonade on an NCL ship was years ago. I used to enjoy half and half - Tea and lemonade

I agree Shoreguy! Half & half....that's the ONLY thing I enjoyed on Carnival...unlimited lemonade! :D Couldn't order it through NCL room service either :mad: Come on NCL...LEMONADE....it's only water, lemon & sugar! :)

If you can take your own soda what's to stop you from filling up soda bottles with booze?

When I was on the Star last year...there were several 'soda' bottles confiscated. They do pull some non alcohol bottles (and I also saw large mouth wash bottles too). I guess they call you down and have you tell them what is in the bottles.

But I did confirm with ncl last year, and you can bring soda and water bottles on. I like having space in my bag, so I bring on powdered stuff like crystal light on the go and just add it to a glass of water.

Archived