Any experience with "Cruises Only" for booking excursions?

If you just want some beach & snorkeling, then you really don't need to book any excursions at all. In St. Thomas, you can easily take a taxi there, rent the snorkel gear at http://www.cokidive.com if you need gear, and save a bunch of money. Plus you will be in control of when you go and when you return to the ship.

Also, be sure to check the Ports of Call section for St. Thomas and St. Maarten for more specific information about each island.

Christianweecare

Are you talking about the online cruise agency "Cruises Only"? I've been booking with them for 10 years and never was aware that they did excursions. Depending on my itinerary, I usually book everything myself, directly with the dive operator. The exception is when there is limitied time in port, or distance to the dive sites. If you have some specific questions on ports you'll be stopping at, ask here. You'll get great info and suggestions.;)

We are trying to decide on what to do in both St. Maarten & St. Thomas. We all enjoy beach time and a little snorkeling. We are open to suggestions as to what to do for each island. This is all completely new to us as none of us have ever visited either of these islands. We will be aboard the Disney Magic in Sept. 07. Thanks for your help!

2004 took the Mariner to these ports. St. Thomas we took a open bus to Sapphire Beach it was beautiful. You can rent all kinds of snorkel equip for 5 bucks or rent other water sports activities. This was a quiet beach not crowded. The snorkeling was okay. You can rent chairs. The two different colors of the water is just amazing. I was so depressed when we left.

St. Martin we went to the Orient Beach, not the nude end. You can walk down to the nudist area if you want. But this was a beautiful beach. Little shops, tiki bars and bathrooms. Our driver took us there and he agreed to come back and pick us up without even taking any money when he dropped us off. He returned on time and brought us shopping in town and got us back to the ship. paid him with a great tip. No tendering at either one of these ports, really convenient. In St. Martin Absolute vodka 5 bucks a bottle. Amazing. Also if your looking to buy any electronic items check your prices before you leave the US to compare in St. Martin. I purchased a camera and a video camera after too many drinks on the beach. Compared the prices when I got home and the only thing I would say is the deal I got was "no tax". Make sure you know your prices.

Archived