Sunless Gimmick?

If you find a product that works well, let us know! I have tried several this year and end up with streaking.

I did read an article in our paper about Almay Bare It All Legs that the writer raved about so I am giving that a try. Hope it works like she said.:rolleyes:

I got an air brushed tan. It was ok and tht is it. I am not sure of the quality of the equipment...the place was really wierd. It was really hot outside for a few days after I got mine and the tan was easy to rub off...all that sweating. I would research places and then try it. I might go agian to a better place.

I justposted on your other thread before I saw this one, but I use the Jergens Natural Glow. Although it's not natural sun or tanning bed tan, but it's better than anything I've tried.

I like the Natural Glow. You put it on like a lotion. What's really nice about it is that the tan is verrrry slow. A couple of hours later you notice the slightest difference in your skin. Each time you use it you get just a little tanner. Makes it really easy to control how dark you get.

I'm blonde with fairly light skin & don't like to tan much anymore. I'm a recovering lifeguard so when I was a teenager, got really dark. My friends used to tease me about my tanned feet! I do think about the skin cancer now.

Right now I'm just using the NG on my legs for a little color so I can wear skirts with no nylons. It's perfect - just a hint of color. It's too early to have a tan on my face here in DE.

I think NG comes in 3 levels - fair, medium & dark, or something like that. I use the lightest one.

If you do decide to try it, I hope you like it too. :)

I used Jergens Natural Glow but after getting a nice start, it washed off in the shower. I had to be careful to apply evenly as I did get streaks. I have not found a product that I don't get streaks - not sure what I am doing wrong when so many others love Jergens?!? Oh, well, I continue to try new products and hope to find "the One"!

I have also used the Jergens Natural Glow with no luck. I am very fair, but I don't even notice a difference on me when I use the one for medium skin. On top of that, I can't stand the smell. DH always says that I stink when I use it.

I bought some regular self tanner by Banana Boat, and I have been mixing it with some cocoa butter lotion. After I apply and it dries, I make sure to go over my whole body again with just cocoa butter lotion. No streaks or orange tint, and it definitely helps with the smell. I don't think any of them smell good. Ah, the things we do to look good! :p

I agree about the Jergens Natural Glow. I am a good tanner, have good skin and tan easily and very seldom burn. I have used self tanners, Loreal has a good one out, but if you are fair, it would be way too dark. I decided to use the Jergens on my Wisconsin Winter White skin through the dark months and it made NO difference at all. I use the dark and it just smell like suntan lotion. It doesn't give me any color at all. I've been tempeted to try the Sally Hansen Airbrush legs for our trip to Vegas next week. Has anyone tried that product yet?

Mrsfuzzmo

I am in the process of using the Dove Energy Glow. I am fair skinned, but have a slight tan left from Hawaii about 6 weeks ago. I'm also trying to keep my legs and arms a bit tanned so I can go hoseless and sleeveless.

It seems to be working so far but will let you know in a few days. It does not streak, and just applies like regular lotion. Plus it doesn't have that nasty odor that many of the others have. Right now I'm using the lightest of their versions. So far I'm pleased, but will let you know. I may even try the next shade if this doesn't get me dark enough.

It looks like just another self-tanning product to me. There's a million of'em out there.

As far as the Jergens - the poster that said it washed off in the shower...:confused: If you shower right after applying, the effect will certainly be lessened. But if you wait a couple of hours, it will not wash off. Tanning lotions do fade, probably completely after a week, but they don't "wash off".

And there's nothing really that special about it - it's just a moisturizer combined with a tanning lotion. So it is a much less dramatic effect, which most people like. It still has that darn self-tanner smell - I wish they would figure out a way to eliminate that.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

tried the Jergens product for 2 days, and could not STAND the smell, so i'll never know if it works. i do use the Neutrogena Micro Mist ocassionally, minimal smell, great color, dries quickly w/ rubbing off on my clothes, just ask DH or a friend for help when spraying your back an dthe back of you arms to make sure you get it even.

I have used Fake Bake and have been very happy with it. It doesn't turn my fair skin orange, and has a rather pleasant smell IMO. I use a good exfoliating scrub in the shower in the a.m., then use the Fake Bake. I use a spa moisturizer later in the day which seems to "set" the Fake Bake so it doesn't rub off on the sheets. But as I said on another thread, every person's skin reacts differently to products. Fake Bake isn't cheap (compared to Neutrogena, Banana Boat, Coppertone tanners), but I do think it is better; maybe more moisturizers in the product???

My whole life I have ached to be tanned. I have many many disaster stories but one of my favourites which shows you how low I have stooped follows.

A friend told me to mix Olivol hand lotion (and old fashioned lotion that's been around for years in Australia) with parisianne essence ( which we use to colour gravey). I did this and applied it to my legs know that it would wash off in the shower later. I went out with beautifully brown legs. The party was a BBQ and I was wearing a shortish skirt. All went well until the hostess's dog got scent of the parisianne essence and started frantically licking my legs. When I finally got rid of the dog I was left with brown and white stipes! I don't think I would recommmend this particular product unless you are sure that there will be no carnivous animals in the vicinity.

[quote name=happysinglemom

As far as the Jergens - the poster that said it washed off in the shower...:confused: If you shower right after applying, the effect will certainly be lessened. But if you wait a couple of hours, it will not wash off. Tanning lotions do fade, probably completely after a week, but they don't "wash off". :cool:

Not sure if you were referring to me but I waited two days after applying the Jergens to shower and saw alot of brown water going down the drain.

I showered the first day and exoliated then applied the Jergens that day and the next (skipped the shower the second day), had a really nice brown color but the third day, I took a shower and was back to a very small light coloring of brown so alot did wash off.

Sorry I misunderstood your post. The lotion left on the surface of the skin certainly washes off in the FIRST shower. I ALWAYS shower 2 hours or so after applying sef-tanner, simply because I cannot stand the smell. Also, because I am a runner, and if I run before showering the lotion off, I will have brown sweaty streaks on my socks!!:p However, after the initial shower, that's it. I would expect that with any type of lotion.

Also, you should remember that the Jergens is an extremely gradual tanner. Only after a week or so of daily application will you see an effect. I am using us the rest of what I have, but I doubt that I will purchase a second tube. I prefer a quicker, more noticeable tan.

Archived