Any interest in a "Louisiana Reunion of past and future cruisers"?

LSUtraveler

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=navy]Welcome M2D! It appears that you may be overdue for a "Good" cruise.:D When it gets a little cooler we might try to set up a meet and greet, hopefully in NOLA. Would love to meet other La cruisers and possibly set up a cruise out of New Orleans.[/color][/size][/font]

Hey again.....wish the email subscriptions would start.....I had to look for the thread :rolleyes:

I think my mom would like to do the tour of the Conquest..Of course, I would have to come along as her chaperone...lol

I'll ask her in the morning and email you for more info.....Wow, that sounds like fun :)

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=navy]Thought I might get the ball rolling here. Anyone have a suggestion for a meeting place in New Orleans if we have one there? I think we could have our first meeting there and then maybe one in Ville de Lafayette or Baton Rouge.Should be when it's a little cooler though.:rolleyes: [/color][/size][/font]

Well lets go ahead and see what the thinking is from everyone:

What month is best for you?

Sept
Oct
Nov
Dec
Jan
Feb

What place in New Orleans? (Somebody with a good knowledge of NO help)

For me LSUTraveler, just about anytime. Biggest thing for me to remember is football season starts end of August so Saturdays are tough but will work around it. And of course the holidays; Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

One other thing, should we communicate thru this board or thru emails?

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=navy]Good morning![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#000080]September or October would probably be best holiday and weather-wise.As for a place,the Cat's Meow has a nice;relatively quiet upstairs bar w/balcony that would be large enough.There are several other venues such as restaurants and public areas we could use also.Just some ideas...[/color][/size][/font]

Count us in . Wife and i would love to meet you guys. Still kind of hot in AUG. mid SEPT or later would be a little cooler for us to be out and about.Can't go to NOLA and not walk around and bar hop.

Anyone might be interested in a riverboat dinner cruise. Never done that yet.

E-MAIL might be a good idea Ron.

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=indigo]Hey Dean! Dinner-cruise sounds like a good way to start.You're right about the bar-hop thing.:D Did just that this past weekend.Had a great time![/color][/size][/font]

JUST LEFT CRUISE MEETING WITH T/A AND MY GROUP OF 20 OR SO FROM HOUMA. BOOKED THE CONQUEST FOR 6/26/05 W/O WIFE.
LOOKING FOR ROOM MATE.

DAN AND RON TALKED TO T/A ABOUT THE DINNER CRUISE THING AND SHE SAID I WOULD HAVE TO CALL THE AUDUBON ZOO TO ARRANGE IT.
THINK IT'S ON THE NATCHEZ. WILL CHECK INTO IT TO SEE WHAT THE COST IS. AS SOON AS I FIND OUT I'LL LET YOU GUYS KNOW.

LOOKS LIKE WE MIGHT GET TO MEET ON THE 15th.FOR THE NEXT TOUR.
T/A SAID THAT SHE'S NOT SURE BUT THIS MIGHT BE A SIT DOWN DINNER IN ONE OF THE MAIN DINING ROOMS BECAUSE THIS SHOULD BE A SMALLER GROUP.
IF SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU 2.

Hi! Is it too late to get in on the next tour of the Conquest? I'd love to see it from a tour point of view.

I think DASA's idea about a dinner cruise is a great idea give the details when available

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=indigo]Dean; Now how did you manage to book w/o the wife?:eek: Mine would never let me get that far out of her sight!:rolleyes: Dinner cruise sounds great![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#4b0082][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=#4b0082]Skylights; I'm just along for the ride on the tour deal. [color=darkorchid]L[/color][color=sandybrown]S[/color][color=darkorchid]U [/color][color=indigo]and DASA are doing that.Be nice if you could come along though.It will be a sort of pre-meeting meeting.:D [/color][/color][/size][/font]

We're all set for the tour on the 15th. I've gotten all the folks I could (went from 10 to 15) with my TA but if you'd like to go skylights I can give you her email address & phone number and you can contact her and maybe sweet talk her into adding yourself. Of course she might ask you to book with her for your next cruise but there's where the negotiating comes in. Glad to help if you want.

Be glad to try and help on my end also. After all we're all in the same boat!:rolleyes:

By the way do any of you stay over in NO the nite before the cruise? Since we only live 1.5 hours from NO it seems silly to go overnite but it's kinda like a pre party to send us off on the 7 day party. After the cruise we generally stay another nite to wind down.

But it is nice to get up [b][u]early[/u][/b] and go down to de Monde before boarding the ship.

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=darkorchid]L[color=darkorange]S[/color][color=darkorchid]U[/color][color=blue]; We allways stay pre-cruise.We like to get the party started early.:D Afterward we just go home.[/color][/color][/size][/font]

Can't hang huh! :) That's ok!;) We realize after looking at your web site that you guys need rest for the next adventure!:D

About overnight I was really trying to find out if any of the LA cruisers that don't live in NO ever stay at the non touristy hotels like the Creole House Hotel, St. Peter House Hotel or The Frenchmen Hotel. Places we always stay when visiting NO. Just wondering?

OK guys and gals heres the scoop on the dinner cruise.

It's $53.00 pp . But if you book in advance for a group of 10 or more it's $43.00 pp. The Natchez leaves the wharf at 6pm and returns at 9pm .It's a buffet type lunch but the menu sounds awesome.
PRIME RIB AU JUS
PRALINE CHICKEN
CATFISH LOUSIANE
MARDIS GRAS PASTA ALFREDO
SPINACH SOUTHERN STYLE
GREEN BEANS ALMANDINE
ROASTED RED POTATOES
STERNWHEELER SALAD
N.O. BREAD PUDDING
COFFEE/ICE TEA

It might sound a little pricy for some but hell where can you go for an evening for this kind of good food and a live Jazz band. DUKES OF DIXIELAND

WHAT YOU GUYS AND GALS THINK. October would be great . Just cool enough to make you drink more . LOL

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=navy]Sounds good to me! Count me in for at least two but I'm sure I can round up some more.First couple of weeks in October would be best for us.[/color][/size][/font]

Dan You Must Sleep Next To Your Keyboard And Have An Alarm That Goes Off When Someone Responds To A Thread That Your On. Just Kidding.

The Deal With The Cruise Is That She Can't Make It At That Time Of The Year So She Knows She Can Trust Me. Yeah Right!!!! Probably Have About 20 Spies Watching Me . Lol

We Were Suppose To Go To Vegas But That Might Not Pan Out So Since She Went To Paris For 11 Days W/o Me It's My Turn. I Might Have A Roomie. ( Male Of Course ).and No We Won't Make The Beds Into A King Size. His Side / My Side Of Room.

Lets See How Many Coonies We Can Gather Up For The Natchez. If We Get A Good Size Group They Might Cut Us A Better Deal.

[b][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=darkorchid]Put at least 4 more down and probably 4 more after getting a date set. Oct sounds good. Plz remember football games. Still go but will need to start drinking Fri so I won't miss the game if there is one at that time!;) [/color][/size][/font][/b]

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=navy]How about the 2nd; 9th,or 16th of October. I have a cruise the 23rd.I would hate to miss that!:rolleyes: What does [color=darkorchid]L[/color][color=darkorange]S[/color][color=darkorchid]U [/color][color=navy]and [/color][color=green]Tulane's [/color][color=navy]schedules look like for these dates?[/color][/color][/size][/font]
The Deal With The Cruise Is That She Can't Make It At That Time Of The Year So She Knows She Can Trust Me. Yeah Right!!!! Probably Have About 20 Spies Watching Me . Lol

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=navy]Riiiiight! :D [/color][/size][/font]

Looks Like Lsu Has A Very Favorable Opening Home Schedule.

Away Games Are:
Sept. 18
Oct. 2
Oct. 9

I Really Haven't Tried Getting People On My Side But I Think I'm Already Up To 8 Or 9 Couples Who Have Heard About It From Just Word Of Mouth.

The One Thing We Will Have To Stress Is That This Wiil Have To Be Paid Up Front So That We Can Be Assured Of Getting The Date We Want. I 'll Be On The Phone Monday To See What They Can Offer Us If We Really Have A Large Group.

Ron . In Talking With My T/a She Said That Depending On The Size Of The Group Doing The Tour On 8/15 Will Dictate If They Have A Sit Down Dining Room Experience Or A Hor Doers (?) Type Food Setting . Anyway They Go Will Be A Treat For Anyone Interested. She Can Get Me On With A Group Of 10 . Will Let You Know For Sure.

Will E=mail You Any Other Info I Can Accumalate On The Tour Or The Dinner Cruise.

Archived