Help...Which beach currently....

sunryz710

I saw another review of Paradise Beach mentioning rocks in the water..

All you Cozumel people.. which beach has good food..nice chairs and sand with a smooth sandy bottom currently?

I know since Wilma things are changed alot..

I just want to relax on the beach with drinks...good food..nice sand and crystal blue green water..

We don't have kids.. so that shouldnt be a factor in your reccomendation..

The more I read about Paradise beach the less appealing it sounds..

Help Please..

The area on Paradise Beach with rocks is somewhat limited. There is an area far left from the resturant area or water trampolines marked by three dolpin statue. This area is at the end of the beach towards the dock/pier where most people either snorkel here or kayak. Not a big deal and the surroundings with new landscaping is beautiful. You may find similar beaches but the service and food was superior.

Cheers!!!!

We've been to Cozumel a number of times. We've also tried both Paradise beach and Chankanaab. Until recently, we have NEVER encountered any rocks of any sort at either place. But on our last trip, for the first time, we encountered rocks at Paradise beach. This is not normal and we were assured that they were working at removing them. I've heard people complain about this problem at numerous beaches in Cozumel. The hurricane really did bring a lot of rocks on shore.:(

Both beaches are nice and have their good and bad points. Chankanaab is mostly consisting of steep steps going into deep water for snorkeling. The snorkeling is very good with lots of fish, etc. to look at. Unfortunately, the beach leaves much to be desired as you can't just walk into the water like a normal beach. There is a small "normal" beach area but it is VERY small and usually crowded. Paradise beach has an awesome beach and restaurant, with excellent beachside service. But it has awful snorkeling. I guess it's up to what you're looking for, a nice, pretty beach with great food, or awesome snorkeling but not much beach. Just remember that Chankanaab is $12 pp to enter and Paradise is free to enter. Both are nice. Enjoy your cruise!:)

I saw another review of Paradise Beach mentioning rocks in the water..

All you Cozumel people.. which beach has good food..nice chairs and sand with a smooth sandy bottom currently?

I know since Wilma things are changed alot..

I just want to relax on the beach with drinks...good food..nice sand and crystal blue green water..

We don't have kids.. so that shouldnt be a factor in your reccomendation..

The more I read about Paradise beach the less appealing it sounds..

Help Please..

the food and drinks and service and chairs with tables and shade and great b'rooms- yes- but i would not call what we saw last friday as crystal blue green water- we saw that in Haiti, GC and Jamaca- but not Coz at PB... the area there is very small- and a lot of flotsom and stuff floating in the water- not like a postcard... but we still had a nice day- but if your expectations are this huge open perfect beach you will be let down- it was not like that at all, and it is rather full of people as it has a loyal following here, etc...

Chankanaab is still closed for the moment- i think they may open next month...

I was at Paradise Beach last week (4/21). The water did have a lot of seaweed-type stuff floating around, especially at the edge of the beach. But I saw no rocks at all. The sand was fairly white and very clean; workers were raking when we arrived.

As noted, bar and restaurant area, as well as restrooms, were immaculate. There were plenty of servers, all very friendly, for beach food and drink service. Food and drink were excellent.

I had to stop remembering Rum Point on Grand Cayman from the day before;) ; the most beautiful white sand and tourqouise water I have seen thus far.

Archived