Military Rate can book unassigned in hopes for upgrade

vesw01

So I kept asking for a Balcony Guar and he said that there is no guarantee option for military, but we could not pick a cabin and that would be considered an unassigned.

I guess I am not understanding the difference, but who I am to say. Worse case is the Upper Deck on the Valor - he assures me there are no obstructed balconies - does anyone disagree with that? For the same rate am I better off with picking my cabin??

Hey I finally made the jump to a balcony - that took two weeks of thinking and planning and worrying..........

So I kept asking for a Balcony Guar and he said that there is no guarantee option for military, but we could not pick a cabin and that would be considered an unassigned.

I guess I am not understanding the difference, but who I am to say. Worse case is the Upper Deck on the Valor - he assures me there are no obstructed balconies - does anyone disagree with that? For the same rate am I better off with picking my cabin??

Hey I finally made the jump to a balcony - that took two weeks of thinking and planning and worrying..........

Who are you dealing with? I hope its not a PVP, Call again and talk to someone else. If youre talking to a TA, then theres your problem. Never heard of an Unassigned cabin, that pretty much means GUARANTEED.

Email me and I will hook you up with the PVP that gave me the info on the Military friends and family booking discount which is now over, I think that promo ended on the 15th of April. wennfred@cox.net

It always benefit Carnival for people to book Guarantee, it helps them arrange the cabins quicker and also allows for lower deck cabins to free up so that they can book a full cruise.

I am on hold right now with the PVP. He is waiting for the supervisor to apply the discounts. We got an unassigned cabin for $1098 for two (military) versus $1600 balcony guarantee without discount.... He isn't having me pick a cabin. We are changing from a 4a guar... just got off the phone with him - he is going to email me the change.

I am on hold right now with the PVP. He is waiting for the supervisor to apply the discounts. We got an unassigned cabin for $1098 for two (military) versus $1600 balcony guarantee without discount.... He isn't having me pick a cabin. We are changing from a 4a guar... just got off the phone with him - he is going to email me the change.

Thats cool, you got the 502.00 savings there.

Currently there are only 44 balcony cabins left - the majority on the Lido and Panaroma Deck - that would be fantastic - only 6 on the Upper Deck. Heck I really don't care - I think it was worth the extra $240 total from a 4a guar

Currently there are only 44 balcony cabins left - the majority on the Lido and Panaroma Deck - that would be fantastic - only 6 on the Upper Deck. Heck I really don't care - I think it was worth the extra $240 total from a 4a guar

If you booked the 8a guaranteed, there could be a good chance you might hit a 9a or higher.

Good Luck.

Thanks Fred, you have been a great help as we have been booking this trip!! I can't believe you and Wendy have been off your cruise almost a month already. We still have 5 months to go. Trying to figure out a way to pay for another one next year. I just don't have a clue where to start. My cruises have all been "by accident" bookings. No thought process involved. Any suggestions?

Thanks Fred, you have been a great help as we have been booking this trip!! I can't believe you and Wendy have been off your cruise almost a month already. We still have 5 months to go. Trying to figure out a way to pay for another one next year. I just don't have a clue where to start. My cruises have all been "by accident" bookings. No thought process involved. Any suggestions?

Thanks, we have another 146 days till our Pride Cruise !!! If you use Credit Cards then I would look into a card that pays 3% cash back or like the Carnival SeaMiles credit card I use, I use my card for everything from home improvements to daily bills and shopping. My Valor cruise this march was paid by redeeming these SeaMiles points.. I redeemed 45,000 points and it lowered the price of my 7 day Valor cruise to 295.00 per person.

Thats one way to think about going, also we dont book Balconies so our Cat 1a and 4a are very low in price compare to the balcony or Suite price, also when we do book those low cats we book them guarentee so we can score a nice upgrade at a lower price. That way we can cruise at least twice a year.

Fred

We had a 4a guar for $379 pp before I changed to the balcony. My Dh has never been on a cruise before and this is the first vacation without the kids. My DH was really nervous about being on the Riveria Deck so this at least keeps us at the Upper Deck and higher (we did book an 8a). If we got a suite for free that would be really nice, but I am happy with having a place to sit outside and read- I bet I could bring 50 lbs of magazines on the plane that I haven't had a chance to read yet.

We use a cc that links to United Miles (1 point = $1) and a debit card that does the same (1 pt = $2-but nothing to pay off). It isn't the price of the cruise that kills us, it is the airfare to get there. With the new passport requirements I doubt we will be able to cruise again, 3 of our kids are foster children and we wouldn't be able to get them passports. Chances of someone watching our kids again for a week are slim to none. This way we at least can earn free tickets (we used FF for 5 free tickets to Hawaii at Thanksgiving) and one for our cruise. Who knows what the future holds - I may book a cruise - just in case.

Im going on the carnival victory in October 2006, my husband is active duty military. IS there any discount we missed? Our cruise is already paid for.

Did you get a military rate? If not ask your PVP or TA if there is and you should get the price adjusted.

Archived