Fun Ship Dollars question

PTcruisers

I just purchased the fun ship dollars as a gift for someone. I was told on the phone that the person could just take them directly to the purser's office and have them applied as on board credit. The back of the certificate says that they "must" be mailed in 3 weeks prior to the sailing. Has anyone taken the certificates directly to the purser without problems?

Thank you...

:confused:

I ordered mine online and in the confirmation email that i got back it said i could take them to the purser to have them applied to the S&S.

Your request has been processed. Please allow 7-10 days for delivery. If you have any questions regarding your gift certificate order, please contact Special Programs at 1-800-906-7603. If this is for onboard credit guest may take this certificate onboard to the pursers office to redeem. Thanks again for choosing Carnival.

No worries:cool:

I just purchased the fun ship dollars as a gift for someone. I was told on the phone that the person could just take them directly to the purser's office and have them applied as on board credit. The back of the certificate says that they "must" be mailed in 3 weeks prior to the sailing. Has anyone taken the certificates directly to the purser without problems?

Thank you...

:confused:

No problem taking them to the Purser's desk, or if you ordered today you might be able to call them back and ask the rep to have them applied as a credit to the Sail and Sign account of the individual(s) sailing, if you know the sailing date, ship etc.

I received some a few months back as a gift and did the same thing. I read them and it said that you must send them in several weeks before departure. I called Carnival and they told me not a problem just take them to the Purser's Desk.

I did and they applied them to my S&S account just like I had paid cash on my S&S.

You know, alot of people get confused with this question.... They want you to mail them in, but they should also put on there that you can take them to the information desk too for credit...

maybe if we all call up carnival and burn up thier phone lines with this question, maybe they will print ALL the info on the back of them.

The reason they tell you to mail them in is because they are intended to be used as gifts from non-sailing people to those going on a cruise, and because you can buy them and send them back to Carnival, it can be a surprise for the cruisers, just as if you bought a gift to be sent to their room. If you are just buying them to use yourself, skip the hassle of waiting for them in the mail and carrying them with you and making a trip to the purser's desk after you board and just have money directly applied from your credit or debit card to your sail and sign account. You can do this before your cruise at any time, in any increment, as often as you'd like without having to deal with the certificates.

Will you please explain to me just exactly what these fun ship dollare are, how to get them, etc.............I'm a bit confused (nothing new):p LOL!!!

Thanx!

They're basically Carnival gift certificates. They can be purchased on their web site. They can be used towards the purchase of a cruise or as onboard credit.

Funny that this discussion should come up now. Instead of buying funship dollars for my upcoming cruise, I had then put a direct shipboard credit on my S&S. That way, there is no hassle about bringing coupons to turn in or going to the pursers desk as soon as I get on ship. My credit is already there.:D

Archived