How long can I stay on the ship?

Okay I know I opened myself up for the typical "As long as they'll let me" response,:rolleyes: but I'm really looking for a serious answer. We have a late flight out of Houston and don't want to sit around the airport any longer than we need to. Any suggestions?:confused:

We just returned from the Explorer on Apr. 9, and requested, through the Guest Relations desk, luggage tags which would allow us to stay on the ship as long as possible (we had a late flight as well). We were given green tags which she said would be called between 10-10:30am...they ended up being called at 10 and there seemed to be 1 colour grouping left in the theatre, so I woudl think 10:30 would be about the latest anyone would be on the ship.

Note, you must vacate your stateroom by 8am...the Windjammer on Explorer was open until 9am, so we went and had a leisurely breakfast and then were told to wait either in the theatre or the ice rink theatre. We chose the theatre as they were showing CNN live, so we were able to get a small taste of what we were going home to.

You can get the "last off" luggage tags. You will still have to wait in an area marked off with all the other passengers. They would like passengers out of their cabins by 8:00am.

They do not give you freedom to go anywhere you want on the ship that day.

Have you thought of taking one of the tours provided by RCCL? They drop you and the luggage at the airport when done in time for your plane. They have some for late flights.

Last cruise we had a late flight, and we just sat around on pool deck until things really thinned out, which in this case was around 9:45. What surprised me was how quickly the ship emptied, and athough no one actually asked us to leave, we were starting to get looks from the staff. When we went to baggage, ours were the last bags remaining, and my guess is that we were only a few minutes from having our bags hauled away as unclaimed. They really want people off so they can go into embarkation mode, so I don't think there's an easy way to delay getting off.

I left the Explorer on April 9th. We had been given luggage tags to leave the ship at 7:00 a.m., but since our flight wasn't until 2:45, I asked if we could get "later" tags. This was no problem at all. After we left our stateroom at 8:00 we sat outside on the deck in the sunshine until 10:00 a.m. It was a really nice way to pass the time before sitting in the airport. I also have to say how impressed I was with both embarkation and debarkation. Quick and painless both ways! We boarded the ship at approx. 11:30 a.m. and were eating in the Windjammer at 11:50 a.m. It also only took about half an hour to leave the ship on the last day.

Thank you so much for the quick responses. I kinda thought 10:00 would be about the latest departure but wanted to be sure. I hadn't thought about looking into a post cruise excursion. Thanks for the tip.

Archived