Dream vs. RCCL Navigator

hockeymom12

Hello all! I recently returned from my first cruise on RCCL Mariner. I had such a great time that I am getting ready to plan a cruise with 6 of my closest friends ranging from 40 something to 60 something. I see there is a great price for the Dream but am concerned because I have been hearing so many mixed reviews on her. We are a group looking to have a lot of fun and not be borred during 2 full days at sea! Can any of you offer any suggestions on why I should pick the Dream (besides cost)? Thanks in advance for your thoughts! -hockeymom12

The Dream will be much less crowded.

The Navigator of the Seas is almost three times larger at 142,000 tons vs the Dream's 50,000 tons. The Navigator of the Seas could have up to 3800 passengers vs the Dream's 1750.

When are you planning on sailing? If during the summer, the Dream may have 500 unrully kids vs the Navigators 1100 unruling kids.

The dining experience is completely different. Royal Caribbean uses two dinner seatings, with Formal Nights while the Dream uses open seating and Option Formal Nights... Everything aboard the Dream will be more casual.

If you're on a Northern Europe Cruise, the Navigtor of the Seas is too large to sail through the Kiel Canal. The Dream has articulating smokestacks, and you will sail down the Kiel Canal. you will not believe it will sail under the bridges, but it will. Many pick the Dream for this unique sail.

With either ship, you'll have a great cruise. You'll see so many countries in just two weeks on a port intensive itinerary.

Thanks for your post! I wil be traveling the 2nd week of January 07 and I believe it is NCL version of the Western Caribbean. I am hoping all kids wil be back in school at that time! I was on the Mariner over spring break (without my child) and it was wild with KIDS!!!! Thanks again for your reply!

Archived