Driving to peir in NY

huey.drewby

We are leaving out of NY on the Legend next week. I am so nervous about driving thru NY. Is the peir close to Route 95 South? Is it easy to get to? All I have right now is an address.....CCL Ship Terminal 12TH AVE & W 55TH ST

MAPQUEST DIRECTIONS

#1....I-95 S

#2...Merge onto CROSS BRONX EXPY :eek: / I-95 S / US-1 S via EXIT 6A toward GEO WASHINGTON BR / WHITESTONE BR

#3...Take the RT-9A / H HUDSON PKWY exit- EXIT 1- toward W 181 ST.

#4...Merge onto NY-9A S via the exit on the LEFT toward DOWNTOWN

#5...Make a U-TURN at W 54TH ST onto WEST SIDE HWY / NY-9A N / 12TH AVE

#6...Turn RIGHT onto W 55TH ST

#7...End at 12th Ave & W 55th St

Is it as easy as it sounds?.... I am not going to get lost in the Bronx am I?

I am from a little town that only has one traffic light. I have a feeling that NY may be a little bigger than Athol Massachusetts :o

You will not be actually driving through NYC (otherwise known to locals as Manhattan).

You will be driving on freeways/expressways.

You won't get into downtown at all.

Just freeways, then get off on Westside Highway, which is just a main highway road that runs along the waterfront, like a freeway.

Then it's easy to find the pier.

No major, downtown Manhattan traffic.

Hope this helps.

CJW

PS Yes, NY is bigger than Athol, but if you've driven freeways/highways in the past you won't have a problem. Expressways in that area are no different than other freeways in other parts of the country (MA, IL, CA, etc.).

CJW....where are the good places in NYC to eat that won't cost an arm and a leg? We usually sail out of NYC and spend the night before in the city (want to get to the pier early). We usually stay somewhere in mid-town between 42nd St and 54th St, around 6th or 7th Ave. Any good suggestions within walking distance?

9A/Henry Hudson Pkwy is the best, but the directions at the end are WRONG. You will not be making any U Turns. You will simply get off the exit that says SHIP TERMINAL.

You will see the ships WAY before this.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/166131536/1166714069057720145RKWSOo#

Just pull up to the second level, drop your bags off with the porter, and go up to the third level and park.

Another suggestion is try to avoid the CBE at rush hour, and plan on arriving at the pier about 11:00.

We are leaving out of NY on the Legend next week. I am so nervous about driving thru NY. Is the peir close to Route 95 South? Is it easy to get to? All I have right now is an address.....CCL Ship Terminal 12TH AVE & W 55TH ST

MAPQUEST DIRECTIONS

#1....I-95 S

#2...Merge onto CROSS BRONX EXPY :eek: / I-95 S / US-1 S via EXIT 6A toward GEO WASHINGTON BR / WHITESTONE BR

#3...Take the RT-9A / H HUDSON PKWY exit- EXIT 1- toward W 181 ST.

#4...Merge onto NY-9A S via the exit on the LEFT toward DOWNTOWN

:o

After the 72 street exit move into the right lane.

As you come(it ends at 57th street) off the highway take the exit to the right which is the New York Cruise Ship Terminal- you will be there with all the traffic just take your time- it does move!

Archived