Information on Delta

Does anyone know the status of the Delta Pilots, also I purchased tickets for our upcoming cruise in July, does anyone know what will happen if they go under, will I be able to transfer to another airlines, or am I just out. If anyone has any information please let me know. Thanks Laurie

I believe that the strike date was 4-15, and they came to a "tentative agreement" just prior to that. I have not heard anything further than that. I fly them on Tuesday for a business trip, hopefully they will be fully operational :)

~Jen

At the moment if Delta goes under, other airlines must accept Delta passengers on a "space available" basis for a nominal fee. I believe that fee is something like $100. Space available may mean standby or they may assign seats if they are available depending on the airline's policy. Since Delta is a rather large carrier, space available may mean waiting around an airport for something to come open.

We are holding "fully refundable" tickets on Southwest just in case for our flight on the 22nd to the Jewel in Ft. Lauderdale and for our return May 2nd. Can't wait to try to get the "full" refund - can't believe it really is!:D

That's swell the "nominal fee" of $100 is about what I paid for the original ticket!!!

~Jen

And you wonder why the airlines are in trouble.

Delta and the pilots reached a tentative agreement last week. They are not going anywhere unless the fuel prices keep going up.

And you wonder why the airlines are in trouble.

Delta and the pilots reached a tentative agreement last week. They are not going anywhere unless the fuel prices keep going up.

That's where I think you are wrong. I think that the airlines are losing money in most cases when the prices are high. I know I have driven a couple different trips just to avoid high airline prices. More people are willing to fly when the prices are down.

I just checked on our flight next Tuesday to see if it was booked up and the seats are now $320! I wouldn't have gone at that price! However I snagged them at apparently the right time for $149.... Even if the airlines have to fly 2 people to make the price of what 1 ticket is going for now, they will still make revenue if more planes are sold out because more people are flying. Just like I am sure that the gas station in town with the lowest gas price makes the most money.... he gets less per customer, but with so many more customers it surpasses the competition.

~Jen

Archived