Does Ecstasy still stop in Progresso ???

VEGAS BABY

We are booked on the 5/20 cruise on Ecstasy out of Galveston. We are scheduled to make our first stop in Cozumel and the on to Progresso. I have already booked my excursion for Cozumel but for some reason I am unable to book any excursions even 30 days from sail date for Progesso. Has anyone out there gone on a Saturday sailing and had a change of ports ????

We were on the 4/8 sailing. We stopped in Cozumel and then in Progreso. There are lots of excursions in Progreso, but we didn't book one, so I cannot help with the time frame. BTW, we just shopped and stayed on the beach, ate and drank and enjoyed it!

The four day cruises go to Playa, but yours shows Progresso. I am on the May 1 cruise and Progresso only has two choices to book excursions - two ruin tours - other than that - nothing. There are supposed to be more choices on board...

Progreso Tours Chichen Itza Mayan Ruins 7 hrs $79.00

Colonial Izamal 6.5 hrs 65.00

Corona Beach Break 3.5 hrs 35.00

Dzibilchalton Myan Ruins 5.5 hrs 79.00

&Mexican Rodeo Show

Dzibilchalton Ruins 4 hrs 55.00

Hacienda Bike Trek 4 hrs 69.00

Hacienda Jeep Expedition 3.5 hrs 79.00

Haciendas of the Yucatan 5 hrs 89.00

Kayak Adventure 3.5 hrs 69.00

Kodiac Off Road Truck 4 hrs 65.00

La Ceiba Golf & Country Club 5 hrs 135.00

Meridia City Overview 4.5 hrs 39.00

& Shopping

Meridia City Tour 5.5 hrs 69.00

& Mexican Rodeo Show

Uxmal Mayan Ruins 6.5 hrs 71.00

I visited with some people who did the Bike Trek, the bikes were not in very good shape and couldn't ajust the seats or handle bars & the trails were rough and rocky. The girls liked the Hacienda's but the 2 guys thought it sucked all the way around. I did Chichen Itza and as I said in my review 5hrs on a bus for 1-2 hrs at the Ruins aint hardly worth it.

We are 6 women also cruising on May 20 with you. We are planning on going to the beach and shopping. I did read somewhere that the best beach in Progresso is the one owned by Carnival and booked as the "Corona Beach Break".

I finally called Carnival and asked them about booking an excursion for Progreso and they said that they werent "loaded" properly into the system therefore I couldnt see the prices on Carnivals site. They also said with that being the case we couldnt book anything till we were on the ship. I wanted to avoid having to stand in line at the excursion desk but guess I wont have a choice for this port. I have already booked the Cozumel excursion through Carnival.

Hey I had the same problem w/not being able to book the Progresso shore excursions online...thanks for asking about it! I also will be on the May 20 sailing on the Ecstasy with a group of 7 others..CANNOT wait...School is going by SO slowly now that there is less than a month to go!!!! Hope to see y'all onboard...!!!! Gig'em!!

~Elizabeth :D

Ecstasy 2006

EF Tour to Germany 2005

EF Tour to Scotland/England 2004

Holiday 2003

Inspiration 2002

Ecstasy 2000

Archived