Extended Stay Plantation FLL

brightside

We were just notified from the Extended Stay of 17th st. that they can not honor our confirmation made several months ago, and we will have to stay in another location of theirs. We are not happy about this as it seems further away from the airport and the port for our cruise, but I quess we have no choice.

My question is now, has anyone stayed in the Extended Stay Plantation, in Fort Lauderdale? And if so, would appreciate any comments? Thank you in advance!

Brightside

I've never stayed in the ESA Plantation but do pass by every other day. It's in a great location, walking distance to two upscale shopping malls, and many, many fine restaurants. Nearby is the Amerisuites, LaQuinta, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Marriott Residence Inn all in place to serve primarily business travelers. DHL corporate headquaters as well as a very large Motorola Research facility are nearby along with a multitude of other Fortune 500 corporate offices. Needless to say, the area is very safe.

Plantation is a well kept secret. It's only 15 minutes from Port Everglades, the shops, hotels and restaurants don't jack up the prices because they serve the local population not tourists. In my humble opinion your better off in Plantation, but I'm only speaking from a local residents perspective and not that of a visitor. Each has there own needs. ;)

Thank you for your response, I was a little nervous when they relocated us but feel alot better now. Safety is very important to us.

I'm just wondering how much it will cost for cab fare from the airport and again back to the port for our cruise????

Hi Brightside, I actually live in Plantation, have lived here for the past 23 years. It is definately a "safe" residential area. As stated in the other post, there are many restaurants and shopping centers nearby. If you want, you can e-mail me at grannynanny21@bellsouth.net, and I'll be glad to answer any of your questions. Please make sure to put "Plantation" in the subject.

Nancy

Archived