mini suite vs. balcony on dawn

ccrgjalk

is the mini suite worth the extra 500 dollars?

:confused: well we had a balcony room on the Dawn and did check into the mini suite, they are about 4' longer and you get a tub.....now if the room was 4' wider we might think on it, but either room you have the same amount of space between the bed and wall where you walk.....if it was me I would rather use the extra $500.00 for spending money.....:D ...you really are not in your room all that much and if you are, your most likely on the balcony...sleeping or showering.....

Yes just the 2 of us.

500 for both of us.

I was informed you get priority embarkation and the concierge service.

wouldnt that be worth it alone?

The "concierge service" in the mini suite is worthless. It did nothing for us. And no priority embarkation either.

I stayed in a mini last summer and it was nice.

But, had there been a balcony available, I would have been just as happy and saved the money.

We did get priority boarding, and we used the concierge once, but I still would not pay the extra $500 personally.

I stayed in a mini last summer and it was nice.

But, had there been a balcony available, I would have been just as happy and saved the money.

We did get priority boarding, and we used the concierge once, but I still would not pay the extra $500 personally.

I was specifically told by the Hotel Director on board the Jewel last October, mini suite passengers DO NOT get priority embarkation. I discussed the subject with him since I was told on this web site I would have priority embarkation and was very upset having to stand on line for over an hour. Unless the rules have changed since last October mini suite passenger do not get priority embarkation.

I stayed a mini suite and most recently in one of the Penthouse suites.....Mini-suites do not get priority embarkation/disemb.

And I agree with the concierge service in the mini suite. It was useless....We didn't even meet the concierge.....I think it has a lot to do with the fact that there are a lot of "mini-suites" Most of deck 11.

Perhaps we just got lucky:)! When they were bringing the first group on for boarding, I told them we were in a mini and they put us right in line:confused:.

You were lucky. We originally stood in the priority embarkation line until we were approached by a woman with a list of suite cabins in hand. She then requested our cabin number. After we gave it to her she abruptly pulled us out of the line stating we were not on her list. I told her a mini suite is a suite. She said if you are not on the list you do not get priority embarkation. We then had to stand in line for over an hour along with the inside cabins/ocean views, etc. We were told ( by hotel director) there are too many mini suites to offer priority embarkation. I have since described the mini suite category as the ugly step child of the suite category. The only benefit we found for booking a mini suite (besides a bit larger cabin/balcony) was that concierge was willing to make restaurant reservations for you. Certainly not worth $500.00 more per person in my humble opinion. NCL really needs to offer more to their mini suite passengers.

Archived