Celebrity vs Princess

european73

We are taking our two young children on a Mediterraeanean cruise in summer 2007. The choice is between Pricess' new Emerald Princess (maiden voyage 2007) and Celebrity's Millenium. Both have nice itineries.

Which line should we choose. This is our first cruise and usually we stay in Four Seasons around Europe and Asia.

While Princess is nice, Celebrity is nicer.

If you are used to upscale hotels, I don't think you'll be disappointed with Celebrity. If you aren't booking a suite, at least go with a Concierge Class balcony cabin. The extra perks are very nice.

Atleast you have narrowed it down to two good lines :)

It is mass food and neither line is great, but I find Princess food clearly better (I can already hear the disagreements)

I would also give the nod to Princess for wines although you could just spend a more money to get good wines on X so that should not be a big factor.

I know my wife is a little happier with Princess, but she is just happy if we are on vacation.

A lot of things are a matter of personal preference not better or worse. Again both are good, but I would go with......

I really do not think you can make a bad choice between these two lines, but do not expect either of them to live up to the four seasons or you will be disappointed.

You said you have two young girls. In this case, I believe that Princess is better suited for children. The toughest thing when taking children is hoping that there will be more children on board for yours to play with. It sounds like they may already be seasoned traveler's! They're both good, each having plusses and minuses, but if I were taking my son, I would choose Princess.

The below listed reviews will probably give you more than you ever needed to compare the two. With teenagers, I would lean towards Princess even though X is my personal preference.

Have a great time planning!

Our daughter is 9 yo, going on 10 and thoroughly enjoyed the kid's club aboard Celebrity. She is looking forward to sailing the Galaxy again in December. In choosing a cruise line, this is the most important factor for her, well next to the availability of shrimp cocktails :D

The staff was extremely attentive and offered services from 9 a.m. - 1 a.m. 10 pm - 1 am there is a $6 per child fee/hour, and the same fee is also charged while in port. If you and your husband were doing some tours in Europe which would not be of interest to the children, this may be a big consideration for you. Please feel to email me if you have further questions. I have copies of the day's activities for the 7 -9 yo old age group for our entire 12 nights and some copies of the other age group's offerings from throughout our voyage.

Archived