need an answer for wife

oldmancurtis

Not having sailed on Zenith I cant say for sure but on all the other ships that I have sailed on with Celebrity have had an Ice Cream station in the Buffet dinning area. They usually serve during the mid afternoon period, Ice cream Cones and Sundays.

Happy cruising

BobN :) :)

X ice cream is good but NOT B&J's or Hagen Daz quality. One night at main DR dinner coffee-flavor ice cream was served. I told waiter it was my fav flavor ( and is 3d nationally behind choc, vanillla ) and he served me coffee ice cream every night thereafter - I had to be appreciative and eat it and be appreciative of each nights dessert offering also. The polite thing to do.

Anyhow - tell waiter or Asst Maitr'D that its your 'hot button' item and I bet they can take it from there - they know where their bread is buttered. GET READY TO BE "POLITE" - "the squeaky wheel gets the ice cream"

As far as the buffet ice cream, I believe it is frozen yogurt. Its not bad, tasted like ice cream to me. At dinner if you tell the Maitre Di, what you want, he will make sure you have it every night. Our table was crazy about the tomato soup, we told him, and it was served every night of our cruise. Hope this helps.

The ice cream is Italian style gelato, this is made with 5% butter fat rather than the 12 to 16% that makes up premium ice cream that we are used to in the U.S.

It is quite flavorful and does not fill you up as fast as Hagen Daz.

I am sure your wife will enjoy the choice of flavors at the buffet ice cream parlor.

Happy cruising

The ice cream is Italian style gelato, this is made with 5% butter fat rather than the 12 to 16% that makes up premium ice cream that we are used to in the U.S.

I think your percentages are a little high...Here's the official US Government definition (if you like reading gobbledygook) : http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2003/aprqtr/21cfr135.110.htm

All I know is we have frozen custard in Wisconsin and it is even yummier than ice cream! :D

Linda & Jeff:

We own a premium home made Ice Cream Shop and we use both 14 & 16 % cream for our products, your frozen custard is a 5 or 6 % product and contains eggs which forms the base for the custard.

Happy cruising

Linda & Jeff:

We own a premium home made Ice Cream Shop and we use both 14 & 16 % cream for our products, your frozen custard is a 5 or 6 % product and contains eggs which forms the base for the custard.

Happy cruising

Wow...you really are PREMIUM...far exceeding those Government standards! ;)

Bassetts brand (started in 1930's?) in Philadelphia used to brag it was highest commercially-produced milk-fat at 14%. It seems however, that at the higher M-F content the distinct flavors can get overwhelmed. Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my keyboard.

This is especially difficult since I gave up ice cream as a 2006 resolution for weight control (it was either that or beer).:( My mom suggested I alternate months off-beer, off-ice cream - aren't moms great?:) I decided to read the 'fine print' on my personal resolution and found a loophole - it turns out I swore off ice cream while I am in my home state which cleverly allows Dairy Queen Blizzards on interstate drives. The 1 scoop in a B-R Cappucino Blast is my only 'slip' otherwise. ;)

I have also switched to something lighter, like scotch.

Well we have to sign off for a couple of weeks since we have to catch a plane to CA. to board the Summit, a tough job but someone has to do it.

Happy cruising

Archived