Tampa on the 4th of July

DonnaD

I posted on the hotel board too, but get a better response here. We will be in Tampa on the 4th, precruise and wondered if anybody had any ideas about fireworks that day. I love good fireworks. We will be at the Sailport Inn, which I believe is on the beach near Crawdaddys. Thanks.

My family and I spend the 4th on Pinellas county beaches every year. There are plenty of fireworks up and down the beaches. There are also Fireworks at the Pier in St. Pete. I mention this because you could probably see the pier fireworks from Sailport. The pier is just southwest of Sailport (as the crow flies. Or down here as the pelican flies.). You can also pull up on your computer TBO.com. This is a website for our local paper the Tampa Tribune and a local tv station channel 8. They usually list where all the firework displays are at.

I hope that this helps.

Lisa :cool:

Hey, we are on the Sensation so don't leave till the 5th. Might be beat from driving all day so if we see fireworks from the pier at Sailport that will be perfect. However, as I love watch fireworks I am willing to drive to find them. Fireworks and ice cream are part of our 4th tradition.

Y'all have been great. Thanks. I'll check the TBO site. Not knowing the area hinders me a bit.

If you get the chance, go to Crawdaddy's for dinner!!! My brother worked there for over 5 years (several years ago) and if you want some great seafood, this is the place! Get there early as they do fill up quickly. The also have a nice bar for a good drink if you drink!

You may also want to check the Tampa Tribune newspaper online for info on fireworks. They will usually put out a list of all locations around town.

I know they always had fireworks at the Pier in St. Petersburg but that is quite south of where you are staying and most likely they won't be too visible from Rocky Point Drive. It's a nice drive over there if you are driving down for your cruise.

You will love the Sensation. This was our first ever cruise and got us hooked!

Many places close enough to you to drive to for Fireworks this year!

Largo Central Park will light off the night at 9 p.m. That is in Pinellas County, but only a 35 minute drive from your hotel. 101 Central Park Drive, (off East Bay Drive)

St. Petersburg Pier - Fireworks at 9 p.m. really neat to see. The pier has great ice cream as well! Downtown St. Petersburg, a little further drive, but nice.

St. Petersburg Beach - Gulf Blvd and 50th Avenue. Another nice spot, and some of the best hand dipped ice cream around...

Honeymoon Island is having a gala, if so, you should be able to see the fireworks from your hotel.

This is my favorite time of year, we are going to Fireworks and Ice Cream as well. It has been a tradition with my family for years.!!!

Welcome to Tampa, and enjoy your cruise! The Sensation is a very likable ship!!!!

Archived