Millie #6143...really BIG?

darrencantwait

Just booked Concierge Class stateroom #6143 for our 14 night Mediterranean cruise. Does anybody have photos? Or can you comment on how much bigger it is than standard CC cabin? Tried to get an aft, but they were all sold out in the first 2 hours! I'm trying to convince myself that I got a better room.

Follow this link and you will see 'find your state room' put in your cabin number, and it will give you the details of that particular cabin.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000RrLR-GlbtQReMUmLULpxEWZ:1028etqv2?shipCode=ML

Your cabin is about 20 sq ft larger than a standard balcony cabin.

We sail on Millennium on 26th May - FIVE WEEKS today :)

I was wondering the same thing. In the diagram it looks wider. The standard CC cabin is 20 sq feet larger. We booked 6144 on the 10 Sept 2007 cruise and our friends in England tried to get 6143 a few hours later and it was gone!

I know someone who has 6144 on the May 14 sailing. I will ask them about the stateroom size when they return, if nobody replies before that.

Hey Dileep --

We'll be sailing just a few weeks after you. As soon as we booked...our friends booked 6144...so you'll have to let them know all about it. Looks like it should be a great room though. I know I saw some person post in one of the Aft balcony threads about these cabins saying how great they were. Would love to know more, though.

It looks wider on the deckplans, but there is actually a small service corridor next to the room that is not shown. The room itself is the same size as other CC rooms; it's the balcony that is larger. It's the same depth as the Royal Suite next to it so there is plenty of room for two regular chairs, two loungers, side table and dining table. As an added bonus, the floor is teak.

I have stayed in 6135 our table mates were in 6144 so we went over for cocktails.

6144 and 6143 are about 10" wider. Not much but you notice it were you sqeeze past the corners of the bed.

The balcony is more than twice the size of the standard CC room.

You'll have 2 lounge chairs, 2 table chairs and a nice table.

I slept out there one night.

Thanks everybody for all of the helpful info. I'll take the 10" width increase, the deeper balcony and the teak decks. Sounds like a wonderful room. We've never had anything to complain about in our previous Concierge Class rooms...that this will just be icing.

I just stayed in #6143 and I would say that "naked" has the same take on it as I do. You notice a bit of extra area when squeezing passed the bad. The balcony is very nice. I had also wanted the aft cabin and selected this cabin as second choice.

Having stayed in both now, I have to say that the aft is my favourite because of the wonderful view of the water. I especially find it beautiful at night when the moon lights up the draught of the water. As far as balconies go, #6143 has a lovely balcony with more than enough room with the 2 loungers and table and 2 chairs.:D

dmk -- thanks for the reassurance. Since our friends were able to secure 6144 across the way from us, I think we'll drop trying to get an aft and stick with what we've got. We're young and have plenty of time to steal one of those aft cabins someday. I have a feeling I would also be mesmerized by the wake at night.

Partly covered but remember, if you are cruising at 22 knots and there is an ocean breeze, the wind can blow rain sideways.

However, you should always be able to get plenty of sun and some shade too.

Follow this link and you will see 'find your state room' put in your cabin number, and it will give you the details of that particular cabin.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000RrLR-GlbtQReMUmLULpxEWZ:1028etqv2?shipCode=ML

Your cabin is about 20 sq ft larger than a standard balcony cabin.

We sail on Millennium on 26th May - FIVE WEEKS today :)

That site shows the same stateroom size and balcony size for all CC cabins which is incorrect since I know that 6143 and 6144 have a much larger balcony.

As posted earlier by naked, the 10 extra inches of width means that my toes will be intact through the cruise :D . We booked it for the large balcony anyway and it does not have the connecting door like 6135 and 6136 do.

We were in 6143 in Feb. About a ft wider and the balcony is approximately 3X's deeper than the normal CC. We asked the steward for a lounger and it was on our deck within 5 minutes. A great room. We have it booked again for March. You will love it.

We were in 6143 in Feb. About a ft wider and the balcony is approximately 3X's deeper than the normal CC. We asked the steward for a lounger and it was on our deck within 5 minutes. A great room. We have it booked again for March. You will love it.

Sandy Beach...that sounds awesome. Do you have any photos?

It looks wider on the deckplans, but there is actually a small service corridor next to the room that is not shown. The room itself is the same size as other CC rooms; it's the balcony that is larger. It's the same depth as the Royal Suite next to it so there is plenty of room for two regular chairs, two loungers, side table and dining table. As an added bonus, the floor is teak.

That phrase was rather worrisome to me. What is the service corridor used for and would it mean more noise in those cabins?:confused:

I only heard noise in that area at tea time when the butlers were there. And perhaps before dinner, when they dropped of hor's douevres. But no big deal.

I never heard any noise in the service corridor. I spend a lot of time on the balcony and approx 5 times during a 7 day cruise we saw a service staff member take a break in this area. They really just go to the railing, stand a few minutes (or even seconds) and leave. It was suggested to us to always lock our balcony door when leaving our room since there is not a lock on the service area partition and if someone wanted, they could access our room in that manner.

Darren, Yes, I do have pictures but being computer stupid, I doubt you will see them. Trust me, a very nice balcony. Better than I thought it would be after reading past posts. We booked it again, that should tell you something. The only sad part of this location is that you are in the middle of suiteland and the butler never stops at your door. Only fair though, since we didnot pay for a suite.

We just returned today from the Millennium in cabin 6144. Having been in other CC cabins I do not believe it is any wider, but could be mistaken, Just don't expect a larger room and you'll be OK.

The balcony is the celebrity in this room (pun intended). it is large with 2 padded lounges, 2 padded chairs, and a large table.

As for the service area, I hardly ever heard anything from in there. You can also open the little divider door and gain a few more feet of the balcony.

It is covered only as much as a normal balcony is covered. The rest of the balcony is uncovered. I lived out there. Seriously, when at sea for about 4 days I was out there at least 6 hours a day.

Enjoy!

Duane

The service area is technically a fire access point from the outside of the ship to the inter halls with without have to go through someone's room.

6135 has the same huge balcony but no service hall next to it. It isn't 8-10" wider either.

Archived