Non-Smoking Cabins

Buckeye Girl

All this talk about smoking vs. not smoking on cruises got me thinking... If I book a hotel room I can request a non smoking room. However, when I booked my cruise the travel coordinator didn't ask me if I wanted a smoking or a non-smoking cabin. Do smoking and non-smoking cabins exist? This will be my 4th cruise, my 2nd on Royal Caribbean, and I cannot remember when we booked our previous cruise on Royal whether or not this question was asked. Do the cruise lines take some sort of measure to make sure that when I walk into my cabin it doesn't smell like an ashtray should the previous passenger been a smoker?

All this talk about smoking vs. not smoking on cruises got me thinking... If I book a hotel room I can request a non smoking room. However, when I booked my cruise the travel coordinator didn't ask me if I wanted a smoking or a non-smoking cabin. Do smoking and non-smoking cabins exist? This will be my 4th cruise, my 2nd on Royal Caribbean, and I cannot remember when we booked our previous cruise on Royal whether or not this question was asked. Do the cruise lines take some sort of measure to make sure that when I walk into my cabin it doesn't smell like an ashtray should the previous passenger been a smoker?

No, there is no non smoking cabins on ships. They do such a good job of cleaning the air that you won't smell smoke:)

While it's true that there are no non-smoking cabins on mainstream cruise ships, they do exist. Oceania prohibits smoking in all their staterooms and Disney only allows smoking on the verandahs of the cabins.

Archived