Sailing before Dry Dock

bearette1017

My husband and I are thinking about sailing on the CB next April 29, but it looks like after that cruise the ship doesn't go out until May 20, so I'm assuming it will be in dry dock. My question is, do the crew and staff give any less service because they will be going on vacation when the ship docks?

Thanks, Sherry

We were on the Pacific Princess just before it was scheduled for dry dock. The only thing that I noticed was that the night before the cruise ended, the crew was getting ready by tapeing alot of the railings on the pool deck. Other then that everything else was up to par. Belle

Have been on at least 3 ships that were heading for dry dock a week or two after we disembarked. Never noticed any decrease in service from any staff members.

You have to remember that those staff members not scheduled for vacation or end of contract time aboard that ship will still be with the ship when it is in dry dock. They're not going back home unless they are at the end of their contract.

A big plus we've found while sailing ships about to go to dry dock is that the ship stores normally have some really good sales going on during the cruise.

Got to love those clearance sales!:D

Dianne

We were on the Celebrity Summit before it went into dry dock and saw no difference from other Summit cruises that we had taken.

:confused: Good evening,

When was that ??? I tought SUMMIT never has had a '' normal scheduled drydock'' yet , what with all the emergency ones she's had ( Three...) due to the infamous '' radial thrust bearing, pods, aft starboard propulsion system"...( all the class suffered them average 2.6 times....).

I know she's '' due'' since her predecessors ( Millie and Infinity ) just had their regular drydocks last November and this March....and her former Revelation lounge is still obscured by the parnaphelia (sp??) from the ill-fated Cirque du Soleil failed experiment....which apparently can only be removed while in regular drydock...

Cheers

CG

;)

Archived