what to wear to dinner?

salen12

Hi all

Am about to embark on Pacific Sky's last cruise - VVVV excited,

Am wondering, apart from theme nights, what the dress standard/code is for grown ups for dinner? Are men expected to wear a tie?

Thanks

Salen12:)

You lucky thing, last cruise!

Smart casual, I think the code says. Anyway, a pair of pants and button shirt or nice polo shirt. Very few guys wear ties on non-formal nights. In fact although my husband wears a suit, he won't wear a tie.

I wore a skirt and blouse, dressy t-shirt. One night I was late and wore the long shorts and t-shirt I had on that day and didn't get pulled up or anything. I do try to "look pretty" with jewellry and makeup every night as it is nice.

you'll be very very very nicely dressed if you wear a blouse and skirt on formal night. last cruise we had people wearing shorts and t-shirts with thongs on FORMAL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and they weren't dressy they were like wear around the barbie on a saturday afternoon in summer clothes. i thought it was ridiculous but nobody said boo. so they can hardly say what to wear if they don't enforce it.

For normal dinner nights, as everyone has said, smart-casual is the way to go. We saw very few people in shorts at dinner (2 and they were males). Just imagine you are eating out at a restaurant and dress accordingly. Formal nights you could jazz it up a bit further - cocktail wear for the ladies and a suit for the men, but it really is up to the individual. No one was turned away for not wearing a tie, for example. We really looked forward to the evenings, going out feeling special. Just wear what makes you feel good basically, and ENJOY. :)

Lainie

You lucky thing, last cruise!

Smart casual, I think the code says. Anyway, a pair of pants and button shirt or nice polo shirt. Very few guys wear ties on non-formal nights. In fact although my husband wears a suit, he won't wear a tie.

I wore a skirt and blouse, dressy t-shirt. One night I was late and wore the long shorts and t-shirt I had on that day and didn't get pulled up or anything. I do try to "look pretty" with jewellry and makeup every night as it is nice.

Ok, I have had a small victory...he's going to wear suits to formal nights but a definite no to a tie!! Can men wear longish shorts to dinner?

We have just returned from the Pacific Skys 15th April cruise.Be reassured,the range is varied from collared shirts to ties and tails on formal night.There were 2 formal nights,1 island night,1 pj night and 1 country and western night on our cruise.I will write a review as soon as I have slept.(4 nights in Singapore, need to catch up!) Pippa

Archived