Stingray City and Seven Mile Beach

bahami

Our ship stops in Grand Cayman (August) from 7:30 till 4:30. We are planning a tour at Stingray City but my sister also wants to go and see Seven Mile Beach. Will we have enough time for both? This is our first cruise and I certainly don't want to miss the boat ;)

you go right past seven mile beach on the way to get the boat to stingray city ,most tours from the pier will let you get off and take a cab back to the pier .we have done this twice and never had a problem

Our ship stops in Grand Cayman (August) from 7:30 till 4:30. We are planning a tour at Stingray City but my sister also wants to go and see Seven Mile Beach. Will we have enough time for both? This is our first cruise and I certainly don't want to miss the boat ;)

As mentioned in the previous post, SMB is on the way to Stingray City. The closest, and I think the best view of SMB is at Calico Jack's @ Sea Grape Beach. You can see the entire length and breadth of SMB and best of all, they haven't built a hotel or condo on it. It's just pure beach.

Also, some of the best Mudslides in GC.

We just got back from our cruise and we did the 9:30 am snorkelling tour with moby dicks....when you come off the tender and come out on the street, they are just to the right....look carefully, because if there are a few people gathered around you could just walk right by the display....like we did, but luckily I turned around and looked down and yep there they were, but surrounded with people, as you can expect it is crowded with people getting off the ship. It cost us $35, since we booked online, which I suggest you do....have your money out and ready for them...yes they do put you on a school bus to go there, the tour guide walks you to the bus about a 1 minute walk... the drive to the boat was about 10 minutes, which was no big deal, and the bus wasn't unsafe, the driver was good and they dont drive fast in Grand Cayman....it was 9 am in the morning, it wasn't hot on the bus, but a little tight on the leg room for the guys.

The boat was fine it only takes about 40 people max and at no time did it feel unsafe.....the captain, Zak, and his mate Mike went through everything with us about the boat and about the StingRays....we arrived at the StingRays and it was a crowded place, but our boat was a bit away from everyone else and we had a good time...spent about 45 minutes in that area then back on board and we went to another area about 5 -10 minutes away and snorkelled....the snorkelling spot was very nice...it was quiet and I enjoyed it thoroughly.....we snorkelled for about 30 minutes and I didn't want to leave...

The ride back to shore was about 20 minutes, we talked to Mike, the ships Mate, a nice guy..we asked him about walking 7 mile beach and getting something to eat, he told us that when you get on the bus get off at The Royal Palms, which is about half way back. The Royal Plams is an outdoor bar and grill, right on the beach, we got at the Royal Plams and had a great lunch, their burgers and chicken sandwich are grilled on a big bbq grill and they were great. Maybe hard to find a table but be patient. Then we did a swim in the ocean had another drink or two and then back to the boat....where you get dropped off there are vans waiting to take you back to the Ship tender area.

Overall we had a fantastic day...any other questions ask away. You'll have tiem to do both

Thanks for your review.. I'm going in early August and have been looking into this operator. I almost booked but then read another review that scared me!

But it sounds as if you had a great time so I feel better.

A question. Was it easy to get off of the ship in time to make the 9:30? And did you have to wait for all of the other people who booked through Carnival to get off first?

Thanks for your time....

Archived