Victory - snorkel St. Thomas or ?

toysrme

We are doing St. Thomas, I went to the port of call boards and it seems that the general concensus is that St. Thomas has better snorkeling. We will be at Sapphire Beach, but a lot of people like Coki Beach (Sapphire has good snorkeling, but not as good as Coki, but Coki is more crowded). Please keep in mind that this is our first cruise and everything I am reporting is from research done on these boards.:D

St. Marteen? Which has the better snorkeling opportunities? Leaving next Sunday and our small group will only be able to snorkel at one of the two islands, so I'm looking for the better of the 2.

From St Thomas I would recommend going to St John's (ship tour or on your own) and do Trunk Bay. The snorkeling was the best we have done in the Caribbean. I attached a picture to whet your appetite. Best area is around the island in the bay.

Best is Tahiti, but you're not going there. ;)

1449276725_TrunkBayStJohns.JPG.b8f8cf2216af8c3978c33cb6f08ce54b.JPG

When we went to St. Thomas in '02 we did the snorkel/party boat thing. We had the best time ever. We took a quick ride out to the bay where we swam with the sea turtles. The woman on the boat was very good at finding things for us to look at. Once we got back on the ship it was a slow ride back to port. That is when the party started. If you like a fun atmosphere with all you can drink, this may be for you. They have a website if you'd like to check it out. www.doubloon.com

Hope you have a great time, whatever yo do.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Chase. My wife and I have done Trunk Bay and loved it. We went to Megans Bay on St Thomas last time ( march 06 ) and we both agreed we should have gone back to Trunk Bay. Better snorkeling, less crowded...etc

Archived