Cabin 8180/ extended balcony on Pride???

momt22

We looked into the upgrade for past guests and have been moved from an 8A to an 8I. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much bigger an extended balcony is? this cabin is mid-ship near the elevators. We have had cabins near the elevators before and it did not bother us. I have heard some people say that the Panorama deck is not the best place to be because it is right beneath the Lido deck that has the chairs moving all times of the day and night. Any experience with this? Hopefully we have made a good choice.

It's 60sf vs 40sf - it does make a big difference. I think you're in a great location. I don't know about noise from the Lido deck, but convenience-wise it's in a great spot. It's not that right at the elevators, so no problem with elevator noise or crowds of people seeing into your room when you open the door. Let us know how you like it.

Hi momt22, What date is your cruise on the Pride? We are crusing on her on 5/7/06 and are in cabins 8172-8174-8176 & 8178, just next to yours.

We'll post and let you know about the Lido deck noise or lack of. We booked these cabins nine months ago, just because of the location and convenience to pools, gym, buffets and lido deck

We cruised on the Pride a few years agao and had the extended balconies then too. We think they are worth the extra few dollars.

By the way, congrats on the great upgrade!!

Patty

We crusied in March on the Pride. The balcony was a highlight of our trip. we were on Panorama deck also. I heard no noise what so ever. But then again I can sleep through an earthquake.:p My wife and I were very pleased with the cabin and location.

P.S. We had the Cat 8I.

We looked into the upgrade for past guests and have been moved from an 8A to an 8I. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how much bigger an extended balcony is? this cabin is mid-ship near the elevators. We have had cabins near the elevators before and it did not bother us. I have heard some people say that the Panorama deck is not the best place to be because it is right beneath the Lido deck that has the chairs moving all times of the day and night. Any experience with this? Hopefully we have made a good choice.

We're recently back from the 4/2 sailing. We were in cabin 8171 & 8173 and we LOVED the balcony, LOVED the room! However, the overhang from the Lido deck (if you are in the same section we were anyway) is considerable and I had to work if I didn't want the overhang to show up in pictures I took from the balcony (i.e. squat down and get the camera to rail height and point the camera straight out and somewhat down to get more ocean, less sky.) Sometimes I still ended up with it in the picture! You can see the overhang in my pictures if you click the link below.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/549385184/2344146250047282162OezUtO

You can also see some pictures of our cabin (which we absolutely loved!) The noise from the Lido deck in the section we were in was also considerable! One night the band on the Lido deck played until 1:00 and then when they quit, the stacking of chairs began. Scrape - BANG! Scrape- BANG! For about a half hour. Wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't have an early excursion the next day! ;) Usually the chair scraping began at about 11:30 or 12:00, but that night they waited until the band finished. They also were a bit noisy in the mornings (about 6:30) putting the chairs back. I believe the section of extended balconies towards the back of the ship was much quieter (we had friends there and they didn't have any problems with noise!) We were right under the pool area where the band played. Still - we had a great time and the extended balconies are definitely worth it! (You can see we had ours open to make an extra large balcony.)

We are going on the Spirit next spring and we booked the next floor down (almost directly below where we were on the Pride) We will not have the overhang problem or as much of the noise! :D However, I suspect that even with the overhang and noise considered - you will still love your cruise as we did!

Archived