Just back from the Millennium

RhondaPerr

Hi,

I am about to post all my experiences both good and bad, if you don't want to see any negatives don't read this post :) This was my 14th cruise and second on Celebrity.

Embarkation: One of the worst I have ever experienced, It was over two hours from the time we got to Ft. Lauderdale till we were on the ship. Our tablemates experienced 3 hours. It was not enough to spoil the trip though :)

Cabin: 9106 on the Sky deck. Wonderful cabin, almost midship. There was a little noise from the pool deck at night but not enough to be bothersome. The wind noise off the balcony was present but not a problem. Wonderful cabin steward, and I liked all the extras that CC offered.

Food: Fantastic to okay...Dinner was great. Our food was always hot, I liked the selection, had an incredible waiter who we have requested for our next cruise, and our table was dead center where all the action was, during the diningroom events. My waiter really addressed my food allergies and I never felt that I was going to get something that would cause a reaction.

Buffet: breakfast was very good, and there were more choices than I could eat in a week. Lunch was okay..I preferred the hamburger grill to most of what was offered on the buffet. We ate in the diningroom every night.

Coffee bar: Iced Cappucchino..wonderful but not for the hips :)

Midnight buffets didn't eat any food, nor did I eta the gourmet bites.

Entertainment: Incredible, some of the best production shows I have seen.. The two comedians were good also.

Service: Incredible. I didn't encounter one unfriendly person. I got hurt on an excursion and the staff truly bent over backwards to help me..

Ports: San Juan is San Juan :) Antigua was beautiful as it always has been. St, Maartin was a blur. Our tour which was for many reasons not great. (I am not posting here about it,) if you want more information give me your email address and I will tell you. The tour was late, disorganized and poorly planned. We lost out of most our shopping time in St Maartin. Information was not given that was necessary, and this was the excursion where I got hurt.

Cruise Critic Party: Nice to match some faces with names...Simon the CD spent a while with us during our meet and greet. He does read this board :)

Misc: There are no purser safety deposit boxes, and only the safe in the room. After the post about safes I was very leary but it was never an issue.

Oders: I was all set to tell you that there was no sewage smell. On Friday there it was, and it was not pleasant. Is it enough to ruin your day..I don't think so..and it seemed not to last a long time. What cracked me up was the various answers I received about it... First one room steward said that kids were seeing what they could flush down the toilets and broke a major pipe...Then it was a toilet had backed up, and I can't even remember the third explanation.

Debarkation made up for embarkation... It was smooth and wonderful!

Overall: Well the fact I am back on the same ship in 3 months should speak volumes! Great ship, great staff, great cabin, exceptional cruise!

Rhonda,

It was great meeting you on the cruise. Glad you had a good time.

Looks like we have the same impression of San Juan:)

What time did you show up at the pier? We were on in less than 20 minutes with the CC priority embarkation. Showed up around 11:45 on a little after noon.

It was a great cruise wasn't it?

Duane

Rhonda,

What time did you show up at the pier? We were on in less than 20 minutes with the CC priority embarkation. Showed up around 11:45 on a little after noon.

Duane

I wanna go back now :)

We landed at 12:45 and we were not on the ship till almost 3..

Did you know Simon has a twin bother who is also a CD?

We were on the cruise right before and our disembarkation was late so that may have impacted the next group to board.

Yes, that is what we heard... whatever the reason it was not a fun experience...but soon it melted away into a wonderful evening!

Wow! I must have overlooked that there was a CC party. Anyway, I was there with you folks and had a wonderful time.

Yeah... I had heard about occasional "poopy" smells and noticed it briefly once or twice while walking past certain areas. The crewmember I talked to said it was a design issue with this, the first ship of its class. The subsequent ships had the problem addressed, and even Millie has had pipes re-routed to minimize the problem.

As for the ports, it was nice that the humidity was bearable and that there was no rain all week.

This was my 10th cruise (#2 with Celebrity) and it had the most kids and teens in my experience, but they were well behaved and I liked the youthful energy on board. (But was also happy there were not MORE young'uns).

We got to the pier for embarkation at 1pm and it took an hour for us to set foot on board.

Which reminds me, last time on Celebrity the gangway connected into the deck 3 atrium lobby, which I think was much more elegant than the route we took (on deck 4 promenade) past spa promotions and youth program sig up tables.

The food at Grand Buffet was very artistic, It was also heavy into aspics and food set into gelatines.

Well, these aren't even quibbles because we had a great trip!

Wow! I must have overlooked that there was a CC party. Anyway, I was there with you folks and had a wonderful time.

Yeah... I had heard about occasional "poopy" smells and noticed it briefly once or twice while walking past certain areas. The crewmember I talked to said it was a design issue with this, the first ship of its class. The subsequent ships had the problem addressed, and even Millie has had pipes re-routed to minimize the problem.

As for the ports, it was nice that the humidity was bearable and that there was no rain all week.

This was my 10th cruise (#2 with Celebrity) and it had the most kids and teens in my experience, but they were well behaved and I liked the youthful energy on board. (But was also happy there were not MORE young'uns).

We got to the pier for embarkation at 1pm and it took an hour for us to set foot on board.

Which reminds me, last time on Celebrity the gangway connected into the deck 3 atrium lobby, which I think was much more elegant than the route we took (on deck 4 promenade) past spa promotions and youth program sig up tables.

The food at Grand Buffet was very artistic, It was also heavy into aspics and food set into gelatines.

Well, these aren't even quibbles because we had a great

We received an invitation to the first CC party under our door, and then there was another informal one on Sat...I didn't make that one, but enjoyed the first!

Rhonda,

Duane

Yes indeed it was a very good cruise indeed. I really enjoyed meeting everyone that showed up for the Meeting and the second one as well. It's been rough since I got home though a week of pain (dental) to make up for the week of pleasure on Millennium. San Juan is always going to be San Juan. It seems all San Juan is a long continuouls blast on the car horns. Antigua and St Maarten were both great stops. I think we will be booking a 10 night cruise for out next year on March 19th give or take a few days. It will not be on Millie but one of the other ships (Millie will be in dry dock by then.

See all of you here and there

David & Cathy

We were on the cruise right before and our disembarkation was late so that may have impacted the next group to board.

That is what I noticed when we arrived as well. Oh by the way you two took great care of 9038. Cathy loved that larger veranda area and we did get a lounge chair for it. I think that was about the only lounge chair to be had for my wife all week. There was The lady that put out 10 towels in the sun and 10 in the shade just one reason why chairs were next to impossible to find after 6:30am. Great cruise experience. I really appreciated you recommending that cabin it sure is a good one. I liked the overhang too because I can't be in the sun all that much. We are planning on going next March on a 10 day cruise. Perhaps you two will be going also? To Bad Millie will be in Dry Dock then.

David & Cathy

Archived