Hampton Inn Tampa Airport???

regionboiler

Just booked the Hampton Inn Tampa Airport for the night before our cruise ($79 w/Entertainment card). Does anyone have any comments, pro or con, about this place?

Are there any stores (someplace to get a small quantity of Diet pop) close by?

Also, how much can I expect to pay for a taxi to the pier (four people)?

I'm sorry, I figured that it would be understood that the point of reference was the Hampton Inn. The actual address is 4817 W Laurel St.

And no, this is not for a beer run but simply to obtain some soft drinks that are not obtainable on the ship.

My original question still stands, is this an ok (safe) location to stay?

I checked tripadvisor, there was only 1 review, but it said the hotel was very clean. It has a small pool. It also has a free shuttle to nearby shopping so hopefully you can get your soda. It said there was a Cheesecake Factory near by that is all I would need to hear haha. (love that place) Hope this helps a little bit.

BTW you asked your question just fine.

everyotheryear,

Thanks for your help. We won't be arriving until about 10pm, so all we were looking for was a clean place to rest our heads (and relatively inexpensive). They also include a hot breakfast.:)

Counting the days til I can do my first doc dance!!!

Yes, the Hampton Inn is very close to the airport, right near the Courtney Campbell Causeway. This is mostly a business area, so very safe and clean. Lots of nice restaurants nearby. The Cheesecake Factory is actually located in International Mall, which is only about a 10 minute ride from where you will be.

I priced a taxi from Tampa Airport to the Port Authority for someone else on cruise critic, it was Tampa Taxi and it was $20 flat rate.

You will probably need to make a stop at a regular grocery store on your way to the Port Authority, since this is mostly a business area there aren't any 711's close by. Or pop into a gas station, almost all of them here have soda's, beer, etc you could grab on your way to the ship.

Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise and your visit to Tampa Bay!:)

Archived