Royal Hounds 2005 Caribbean Princess 9/17/2005 ~ Join Us!!! Official Cc Group Cruise

PammyHound

Hey everyone - just wanted to check in here. Looks like we'll be sitting on pins and needles until we hear from you guys tomorrow.

Dana, Lisa and everyone else in Florida, please be safe. We're thinking about you and are definitely praying for you guys.

hey petra!!! don't worry about us...i'm worried about lisa! she's right in stupid charley's path! the news JUST said that he might hit further south, so lisa might get lucky...i'm praying it does for her sake. so far all we have right now is some gusty winds. no rain until later...

i'm trying to decide if i should oull in all of my orchids. they hang in a tree in my yard and it's getting a little too windy...i have almost 60 of them, so talk about a pain in the butt...oy! i'll go look at the tree and see how they're fairing...

i'll be around most of the day...catch y'all in a bit.....

[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Hello Hounds!

We're praying in Kentucky for the Florida Hounds! Dana, how far is Eileen from you? Hopefully, all you'll get is rain! Lisa, hope it loses force before it gets to you! Or better yet miss you altogether! It will be a long night of waiting!
I'll be on in the wee hours waiting to hear everyone is ok!

Trish [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

[img]http://members1.chello.nl/~j.faessen/images/hoppy-day.gif[/img]

thanks guys...ok, here's the deal...charley just went up to cat. 4 and the winds are 145 mph. it looks like it's hitting near captiva/ft. meyers as we speak...now they say he'll go across the state towards daytona and that daytona could get a cat. 2 hurricane, which would suck because they weren't warned at all and that would be a cold shot!
we may be in for winds up to 75 mph. rick and i just moved everything inside and most of the babies have come inside, too. a couple still want to play in the wind....

ok, off for now...be back later...

i'd say we got off pretty much scott free! a little wind and not much else. in fact it didn't rain a drop all day...weird.

looks like lisa might have been ok, too. i hope so.

off to watch the rest of the olympics...

have a howlin' nite all you hounds....howl at y'all in the am...early day for me tomorrow!

[size=3][color=blue]As most of you know, good ole Hurricane Charley missed us and went south of us. So we are sighing a big sigh of relief. My daughter and I decided that if we get a hurricane like Charlie coming at us we will leave. After seeing what happened in Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda, I can't handle that. Thanks everyone for your concerns and prayers.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#0000ff][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#0000ff]Lisa [/color][/size]

lisa...so glad to hear y'all are ok! we got the big break on this one...but there's another one of those suckers coming right at us again! earl is churning his way through the carib. on the same dern path as charley!!! how could that happen?!?! can you imagine if it does follow the same path?????? OMG!!! i can't even go there. those poor folks in punta gorda and port charlotte. oh how my heart breaks for them.

partly cloudy day here today. still windy-er than usual. trying to figure out what NOT to do today...or do...or not...lol

have a howlin' day hounds!!! i'm so proud to be a hound!!!!!!!!!!

looks like we don't have to worry about danielle...she's going out to the atlantic...earl, we're hoping might, i repeat might, fizzle out. oh boy, do i hope so!!!

day off today...lovely...laundry and cleaning. what fun! i just can't wait to jump right in! oh yeah....

have a great day hounds!!!

oh did i forget something....h...h...h....hoooooowwwwllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess i'm following you all over the place petra! lol i'm marinating shrimp as we speak...

i found a new recipe for shrimp-ka-bobs and i had to make this marinade that smells really good...yum! if anyone wants the recipe, email me and i'll send it to you. it's supposed to be fantastic!

anyway, i'll catch you hounds after i've stuffed my face!!!

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#ff0080] [/color][/size][/font][size=4]ok here goes...[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]1 can of tomato sauce 8oz.[/size]
[size=4]1 small chopped onion[/size]
[size=4]2 tblsps. worsteshire sauce[/size]
[size=4]2 tblsps. mustard[/size]
[size=4]2 tblsps. pineapple juice[/size]
[size=4]1/4 cup lemon juice[/size]
[size=4]2 tblsps. vegetable oil[/size]
[size=4]1/2 tsp salt[/size]
[size=4]1/2 tsp pepper[/size]
[size=4]1/2 cup water[/size]
[size=4]mix all the ingredients together in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]meantime peel and devein 1 lb of uncooked shrimp.[/size]
[size=4]cut one medium green pepper into chunks[/size]
[size=4]one medium onion cut in to chunks[/size]
[size=4]one can of pineapple chunks.[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]after marinade has simmered for 15 minutes, put about 1/2 of a cup aside and refridgerate. pour the rest into ziplock bag(yes, it's hot) and add shrimp, green pepper chunks, and onion chunks. marinate in fridge for 2-3 hours.[/size]
[size=4]when you're ready, put on skewers(alternate shrimp, pepper, onion) and grill 5 minutes on each side, basting, until done...[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]i served it over rice and poured the rest of the marinade over the rice, too.[/size]
[size=4]it is yummy!!!!!![/size]
[size=4]i hope you enjoy it as much as i did![/size]
[size=4]by the way...make sure to use shrimp that are big enough to skewer..[/size]
[size=4]talk to y'all soon!!![/size]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#ff0080]dana [url="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001"][img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_6_4.gif[/img][/url] [/color][/size][/font]

Archived