Royal Hounds 2005 Caribbean Princess 9/17/2005 ~ Join Us!!! Official Cc Group Cruise

PammyHound

Dana, I was on HAL Amsterdam--Seattle/Seattle--inside passage Alaska. We went to Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and Victoria, BC. This one didn't go to Skagway. I enjoy going out of Seattle--no air to contend with. It really wasn't cold--a bit chilly in Glacier Bay, but of course that is mostly ICE!! We did see a lot of whales swimming along beside us and also saw some small dolphins jumping around in the water "waving" at us as we sailed by. Four cruise lines do the Alaska trip during April-September from Seattle: HAL, NCL, Celebrity and Princess.

Marilyn

i'm leaning towards the princess because it does a passage through something called tracy arm, and from what i've heard it's supposed to be unreal! i also just got an rci alaska brochure, but i haven't opened it yet...i am soooo lazy!!! lol

did you like the hal ship?? how were the other passengers? i hear that the average age is about 65 on the hal ships. is that true???

[color=black]and hello to you too, Dana. ;) [/color]

[color=black]Queen Mumsy, glad you enjoyed your Alaska cruise. We've done this once, in early June, and it was pretty chilly. Plus, the mosquitoes on land were really "abundant." As you said, though, the scenery and the glaciers are absolutely awesome![/color]

Dana, as a rule, HAL ships DO tend to have more of the "senior" types!! But, you know something, we had all ages this time ranging from little babes in arms to people like me (old in age but young at heart!!) There were quite a few teens on board and, of course, they hung out together and did their own thing. Also, quite a few youngsters were in the children's program and seemed to be having a great time. On the other HAL ship that I sailed on, I was one of the "youngsters"--it looked like the age groups were about 90!! But, it wasn't the case on this one. They had quite a few activities, too--no "harry chest and legs" contest or anything like that, though. But, yes, I would say as a rule, that HAL does cater to the more "mature" group of people.

Marilyn

[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Welcome back Marilyn! Nice to hear that the HAL cruise to Alaska was a great one! Another line to consider! We went to Alaska on the Radiance mid August 2002 and loved it! I know you have been to Alaska several times. Was this your first time in Sitka? Herb wants to go to Sitka next time around. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[size=3][color=green]Yes, this was my first time to visit Sitka. It is a very small town and easy to walk around in. They have a "Totem Pole Park", so we walked over there and lo and behold there was ONE Totem to be seen !!! We did enjoy the Dance Troup--they were very good. We didn't go into the "Bishop's House", but I have heard that it is interesting. Since we didn't do any ship's tours this time in any of the ports, I really can't tell you what was offered.[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#008000][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#008000]I enjoy the Alaska Cruises and next time I want to go on one that goes to a different glacier area. So far, on the four cruises I have been on, we went to Glacier Park--which, by the way, is awsome!! But, I would like to see some of the others.[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#008000][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#008000]Marilyn[/color][/size]

Well, Pam, I tried!! Unfortunately, I didn't have my pick ax to chip off a piece so that it would fit in the baggie, so I had to leave it there!! I know that you are very disappointed so guess I will just have to make it up to you by buying you a drink or two on the ship. Would that be OK. I do hate to disappoint my children, but sometimes it does happen!!!

Marilyn

Dang no glacier?? I had the perfect spot for it in my back yard too! I was gonna dig a big hole and wait for it to melt so I could have my own lake! Oh well, better luck next time. I'll settle for a drink, it's the next best thing! ;)

hey thanks jimmy!!! we appreciate it nudge for the hounds anytime we can get one!!!

jim, can you tell me where you got your signature?? i'd love to get one like that and can't seem to find a graphic program that makes moving signatures like you have. trish sent me a site, but the woman is dutch or swedish or something and i couldn't understand anything on her site. any ideas??? thanks!!

have a howlin' day all you hounds!!!!
i'll be home early and i'll check into the pound!

[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Hello Everyone!

Grandbaby #5 arrived today! Our son's second little boy! Wt.7lbs.5oz.,19 and 1/4 inches long. He actually is the smallest of the 5! Logan Anthony is his name! Both he and his mom are doing great! Herb & I are enjoying having big brother Ethan with us!

Marilyn, thanks for the Sitka info! One totem pole, huh! There are more than that in Stanley Park in Vancouver! We would probably not do a tour there either. We just want to see the town! [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

okay kids...so if we don't blow away down here tomorrow, i'll still be meeting y'all in september...if we blow away, i'll meet you on the ship in 2005!!! LOL

we are in the midst of a terrible spree of weather...first we had remnants of bonnie all day in waves of thunder and lightning and RAIN!!! and WIND!!! and tomorrow we're in for more!!!! waaaay more!!!!

anyway, the sky just got pitch black and i think it's happening again, so i'm getting off the computer and i'll check back later!!!! yeesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whew!!!! ok, one more storm out of the way...yeesh! will it ever stop??? so far we're not in any real trouble, at least until tomorrow...THEN the real fireworks start...maybe charley will just blow away, but it looks like it's a cat. 3 hurricane, so i guess all of florida's kind of in the poop. lisa??? don't you live near tampa??? holy moly! i hope you guys are ok tonite and tomorrow!! you might get it worse than us!!!! geez! i just realized that!!!

ok, i've got to get back to general hospital...have a safe nite everyone and all of y'all in florida....BE CAREFUL!!! i'm howlin' for y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Thanks Everyone!

Lisa, what a great last name! I'm sure you're not a bit partial! :D

Petra, Logan is grandson #4 for me too! :) My grandaughter is disappointed! Not only is she sandwiched between 2 brothers she has 2 boy cousins to boot!

Pam, being a grandmother is great! When you join the "club"(many moons from now :D )you will understand what joy these children bring into your life!

Dana, if you could skip the mom part and go straight to Grandma you would love it!

Dana & Lisa , batten down the hatches ladies! Hold on tight like Pammy says! Dana, better put rocks in your pocket again! ;) [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[size=3][color=blue]Dana, I live just North of Tampa. We have secured everything and gotten supplies. The brunt of the storm is suppose to hit tonight. I'll be glad when this is allll over.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#0000ff][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#0000ff]Lisa :cool: [/color][/size]

LISA!!!!!! I'M WORRIED ABOUT YOU GUYS!!! this morning the weather service said that charley is supposed to hit tampa bay!!! i've been thinking about you since 4am!!! geez! we're just going to get wind and rain, but you guys might get a direct hit!!! oh gosh...i'll be praying and hoping all goes well for y'all!

i'm home all day today because i only had one appt. and i wasn't going in for that. it costs more in gas these days...
i'm booked solid tomorrow thank heavens!

if you can lisa...keep us posted! i'll worry all nite if we don't hear from you!!!!!!!!

Archived