time on cruise

suexxx

hi cruise family. Would like to know time differences if on SUN during daylight saving and out of daylight saving.If we leave Sydney at 5pm DLS do we need to change time at some stage? If we leave out of DLS what do you do. thanks

hi cruise family. Would like to know time differences if on SUN during daylight saving and out of daylight saving.If we leave Sydney at 5pm DLS do we need to change time at some stage? If we leave out of DLS what do you do. thanks

If your cruise is during daylight savings, you will not need to change your clocks. However, if you cruise outside daylight savings, you will put your clock forward 1 hour the 1st night & back 1hr the last night.

We left the first day after daylight savings finished so we had to change our watches 2 nights running.

Karen

And if you go to Fiji you'll have to put your watches a further hour forward after leaving New Caledonia/Vanuatu, and then back again as you come back towards Australia.

On the way out you can always tell the ones who forget to put their watches forward on the first night - they're the ones stumbling into the buffet about 10.00 wondering where everyone is!

It's good getting the extra hour on the last night before arrival back in Brisbane/Sydney as you usually have to have an early start the next day. On arrival back in Brisbane we were woken by our cabin steward right on 5.00am as we'd already berthed and they wanted us up and out so they could get the cabin ready for the next lot of passengers. One of the disadvantages of getting into Brisbane so early. We were actually off the Sunshine Coast before we went to bed (and we didn't stay up late either).

Gee, I'm glad we didn't arrive that early in Sydney. We were told the day before that we were expected to ba about an hour late & wouldn't dock until 9.00-9.15. I set my alarm for 5.00am (much to the childrens disgust) just in case we got in early. I did not want to miss the arrival back in Sydney. Sure enough, we docked at 9.15. It was a long day, but rather that than miss coming back in.

And I must say, it was rather emotional coming back in. Or maybe I'm just a sook.

Karen

Gee, I'm glad we didn't arrive that early in Sydney. We were told the day before that we were expected to ba about an hour late & wouldn't dock until 9.00-9.15. I set my alarm for 5.00am (much to the childrens disgust) just in case we got in early. I did not want to miss the arrival back in Sydney. Sure enough, we docked at 9.15. It was a long day, but rather that than miss coming back in.

And I must say, it was rather emotional coming back in. Or maybe I'm just a sook.

Karen

No, you're not a sook - you just realised that all the pampering you'd been getting was about to end.

Seriously though, it is quite emotional to arrive home, for all the fun to come to and end.

No, you're not a sook - you just realised that all the pampering you'd been getting was about to end.

Seriously though, it is quite emotional to arrive home, for all the fun to come to and end.

The pampering certainly did come to an end:mad: . I now don't feel as though I've been on holiday. I asked the head chef to come home with me but he wouldn't be in it. Not sure why?:confused: I don't know if it was just the thought of coming home or not but somehow Sydney Harbour has that effect on me. It is such a beautiful place. There are times when I wish I lived in the country(definately a country person) rather than Sydney but whenever (and that's not very often) I'm down there I just feel so lucky to live in such a great part of the world. Ok, I've babbled on enough.

Karen

with you on this one karmac. I got up early on both cruises even though it was freezing and blowing a gale. I still cannot belive the amount of people up on deck and how many had just stayed up all night.

Well worth doing to watch us sail back into the harbour just as the sun rises. A majic way to end a holiday!!

I must admit when I first saw the arrival and departure times of Pacific Sun, I felt a little dissappointed. Sydney is one of the most stunning harbours in the world and for the ship to leave and return under the cover of darkness seems a bit of a waste. There is nothing more beautiful than sailing out of Sydney heads under blue skies and seeing the great landscape and famous beaches slowly dissappear on the horizon, we did this on a Naval vessel once and it's much better than at night.

Minorca.

with you on this one karmac. I got up early on both cruises even though it was freezing and blowing a gale. I still cannot belive the amount of people up on deck and how many had just stayed up all night.

Well worth doing to watch us sail back into the harbour just as the sun rises. A majic way to end a holiday!!

We got up when we sailed back into Sydney on Pacific Sun, and breakfasted as we sailed up the harbour, it was excellent.

I have to say, as someone born in Melbourne and now living in Brisbane, the only thing Sydney has going for it is the harbour (and the road out - as the saying goes!). Don't think it's got much else! ;) Apologies to all the Sydneysiders out there.

Of course, coming back into Brisbane there's nothing to look at - even in the daylight - so getting in at 4.30 am didn't really matter. Won't change much when they open the new passenger terminal either.

Kym

I have to say, as someone born in Melbourne and now living in Brisbane, the only thing Sydney has going for it is the harbour (and the road out - as the saying goes!). Don't think it's got much else! ;) Apologies to all the Sydneysiders out there.

Kym

Apology accepted.....at least from me. It is a beautiful harbour though. Funny though, whenever I heard that joke about the road out....it was Melbourne:) .

Karen

Apology accepted.....at least from me. It is a beautiful harbour though. Funny though, whenever I heard that joke about the road out....it was Melbourne:) .

Karen

HEY HEY HEY, being an ex Melbournite, now living in Queensland and really enjoying Sydney while I was there, why don't we just agree that the best road is the one leaving Adelaide ;) :p LOL

Trevor.

HEY HEY HEY, being an ex Melbournite, now living in Queensland and really enjoying Sydney while I was there, why don't we just agree that the best road is the one leaving Adelaide ;) :p LOL

Trevor.

Oh yeah, well you take THAT for granted. The only place in Australia sleepier than Adelaide is Canberrra on New Years Day... We drove through Canberra on New Years Day 2004 and there was no-one there.

Oh yeah, well you take THAT for granted. The only place in Australia sleepier than Adelaide is Canberrra on New Years Day... We drove through Canberra on New Years Day 2004 and there was no-one there.

Try being in the Northern Territory at Christmas - its great there is no one here - every one goes down south - you can park your car, walk the street and even get served straight away in the supermarket AND the post office!! LOL

Rach

Trevor.

Ok. I'll agrree if I have to:p but I quite liked Adelaide.

Karen

Archived