What drinks are included in fares?

robinsoncruisers

Hi I was just wanting to know what drinks are included in fares? are all drinks with dinner, lunch etc extra or free? Also for the kids are the drinks free (soft drinks) through out the day or do they pay for these too? and can the kids have drink bottles which can be filled free with soft drink from the bars or restaurants? Thanks

Annette:)

Annette

I can't believe no one has replied to you yet - I haven't cruised yet but my understanding is that all drinks are to be paid for except maybe coffee from the buffet and tap water. Surely someone can confirm or deny this soon.

The only free drinks apart from water and coffee are the beers and wines served at the captain's cocktail party....so drink up!!!

Interestingly a lot of all-inclusive resorts, most notably Club Med worldwide, are now including beer, wine and house spirits as part of the price. I wonder if a time will come when mass market cruise lines do the same.

The only free drinks apart from water and coffee are the beers and wines served at the captain's cocktail party....so drink up!!!

Interestingly a lot of all-inclusive resorts, most notably Club Med worldwide, are now including beer, wine and house spirits as part of the price. I wonder if a time will come when mass market cruise lines do the same.

There is a cruise line in the UK that has an all inclusive drinks package, but I heard that they don't really want to promote that in Australia, because they think that they might loose too much money on the deal... They have this strange idea that Australians are big drinkers :rolleyes:

But alas, on P&O Australia the only free drinks are tea and coffee and cold water in the buffet (and juice at breakfast time), the occasional glass of champagne at the Art Auctions, champagne at the Champagne Waterfall, and of course wine, beer, champagne, juice, etc, at the Captain's Cocktail Party.

... They have this strange idea that Australians are big drinkers :rolleyes:

I wonder where they get that idea from?:confused:

When we were in Vila, the first shop we went to where they sold duty free alcohol, it was packed with people from the ship. I said to my DH "they must think we Aussies are a bunch of p***heads". Once we got back to the ship, we wathed over the side how much grog they were loading onto it & it was unbelievable. But at those prices....no wonder. I got myself a 1750ml bottle of Bacardi for $28.00. Same size bottle of Baileys $36.00. BARGAIN!!

Karen

Tip: Tap water from your bathroom is able to be drunk, take your drinking bottles for ports of call and fill them with ice from your ice bucket and tap from your vanity - or fill them in the Lido Buffet (that's on Pacific Star) from the water dispenser.

At breakfast there is orange juice or cranberry juice which you help yourself to. Tea and coffee from dispensing machines. (Buffet).

Throughout the day you can come to this area and make coffee/tea and water (juice not available).

Yes - the captains party - rum punch, champagne or beer. As much as you like.

Water free flowing from the waiters at lunch and dinner.

The second formal night is the champagne waterfall and you can get a few glasses of champers that night for free.

Apart from above that is all I encountered. You can request the drinks list by emailing me at hookedup@iprimus.com.au

The wine list in the dining room is quite extensive and I thought reasonably priced - we had a different white wine each night and paid $24-$28 per bottle - all good.

All of above correct, also room service will bring a drink in morning.Do they still have those plastic mugs in Buffet? I am going to take own Mug.

Yes they do. I was actually going to take my own coffee (I drink Nescafe but don't like it too strong) but left it too late & had trouble finding it but I got by.

Karen

I wonder where they get that idea from?:confused:

When we were in Vila, the first shop we went to where they sold duty free alcohol, it was packed with people from the ship. I said to my DH "they must think we Aussies are a bunch of p***heads". Once we got back to the ship, we wathed over the side how much grog they were loading onto it & it was unbelievable. But at those prices....no wonder. I got myself a 1750ml bottle of Bacardi for $28.00. Same size bottle of Baileys $36.00. BARGAIN!!

Karen

Was that the one near the ANZ Bank?? (I can't remember what it was called).. They seemed to have the best deals for alcohol. I got 2 1175ml bottles of Bundaberg Rum for A$40 from there. And yes, there did seem to be lot bags being loaded onto the ship from the duty free shops.

Was that the one near the ANZ Bank?? (I can't remember what it was called).. They seemed to have the best deals for alcohol. I got 2 1175ml bottles of Bundaberg Rum for A$40 from there. And yes, there did seem to be lot bags being loaded onto the ship from the duty free shops.

That sounds like the one. It's a shame I couldn't bring more in. My DH doesn't drink but we used his quota on a bottle of scotch for dad & a bottle of Opal Nera for my brother as they were the ones that drove us down to Darling Harbour & picked us up.

Karen

Usually the best duty free is the one right at the end of the street on the left hand side, same side as ANZ but further down. If the one you are talking about is the one with the TVs and electronics at the front and alcohol at the back then the other is cheaper, it is in the same building as ANZ isn't it? My friend bought an emerald ring from there. The other shop is called Fung Kwei or something. Gourmet cave is ok too.

As Aussiedisneyfan said, Fung Kuei (end of street, last shop on the left) was the cheapest for alcohol.

THANKS Nigel (Gyyp) for telling us.

We got a large bottle of Midori, a large bottle of Cointreau and a large bottle of Galliano Black Sambuccu for $60 AUD.

A bottle of Estee Lauder Youth-Dew parfum normally costs me $90-$110 in Sydney. It was $65 duty free from Vila and I bought it on the ship for $45.:)

Karen

That's where we bought our alcohol. We also bought 2 mp3 players there & unfortunately got ripped off. The boxes said they were 1G but when we got home we discovered 1 of them is only 512mb. So be careful, take things out of the boxes & check them out. It's in very tiny (and I mean tiny) writing on the back of the player and is very difficult to see.

Karen

Archived