Latte Card

Nymue

Does anyone know anything about the availability of a Latte Card on the Golden Princess? We are booked on the August 10th British Isle Cruise.

Thank You,

Anne

It has been reported on Caribbean & Grand so I think it is say to assume you will find the program on Golden. The punch card program only covers a limited number of basic coffee drinks. I seem to remember Cafe Latte, Cafe Mocha, Espresso and Double Espresso. I think there was a fifth but I can't be sure. It does not cover flavored Latte's (i.e.: Vanilla Latte).

I think there was one of those "passport to savings" shipboard coupon books waiting for us in the cabin. One page in the booklette had information on the program, otherwise ask at the lobby/atrium bar.

Enjoy!

I may just have to pack a bottle of Starbucks Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup to take along with me :rolleyes:

Anne

anne is it good? where do you get that? at a Starbucks shoppe like at the mall? the ones I have bought in the grocery store are not that good.(brand name is Davinci or something like that)

So you can buy a gourmet coffee card on Princess cruises? that sounds great-and these that be bought without sugar added to them right? How much are the coffee cards?

Momofmeg,

Love your name by the way, I have a grand-daughter Meghan that just turned 5 :) You can by the bottles of Syrup at your local Starbucks and it's WONDERFUL!!!!!! I add it to my Lattes, Coffee and Chai at home. I'm diabetic so it's a real treat for me!

Someone had mentioned on one of the other board that they got a "Latte Card" so that is what I'm trying to find out the details about. We were on the Regal last year to Alaska and I don't recall see it.

Hugs,

Anne

This seems to be a relatively new program. They didn't have it last Spring when we were on Golden but did have it this March when we were on Grand.

The cost of a basic specialty coffee is roughly $2. Like anything on the ship, it costs a little more when they start to add extra flavor shots. The Specialty Coffee card is just like any of the frequent sipper card you get at Starbucks and the like only you pay for the entire card up front and they punch the card every time you use it. I seem to remember that the card cost $24 or $24.95 (+ the expected 15% gratuity) and it was good for 15 cups of "caffeinated beverage" out of the espresso machine.

On Grand, the Promenade Bar (deck seven) was also the specialty coffee bar. You could order your specialty coffees there or in the dining room. They didn't offer specialty coffees via room service nor in the other bars/lounges. They also had coffee snacks as well as a pot of regular & decaf brewed coffee for self-serve service. Specialty coffees were also available in a to-go cup too.

I believe the coffee bar on Golden is the Lobby Bar in the Atrium area. I think the fifth coffee that was a part of the card program is your basic Cappuccino.

Enjoy!

Momofmeg,

Love your name by the way, I have a grand-daughter Meghan that just turned 5 :) You can by the bottles of Syrup at your local Starbucks and it's WONDERFUL!!!!!! I add it to my Lattes, Coffee and Chai at home. I'm diabetic so it's a real treat for me!

Someone had mentioned on one of the other board that they got a "Latte Card" so that is what I'm trying to find out the details about. We were on the Regal last year to Alaska and I don't recall see it.

Hugs,

Anne

Yes Anne my Meg is Meghan also-soon to be 22-so not a little girl anymore. Meg became her nickname as when she was little her best friend was Maegan-and when you said the their names- it sounded the same- but actually her friend's name was prounced Mae-gan and my daughter's name Meg-gan. the two grils' friends simplified things by calling them "Meg" and "Mae" and it stuck-now I just call my daughter Meg. She introuduced me to these boards around 4 years ago-so that became my sign-in name here and now I use it at all messageboards I go to. (and I go to plenty-I spend WAY too much time on the internet for sure!)

I am actually a Jane-but there are way to many of them-I am sure you feel that way about Anne also-so just call me "Mom"-I will know you mean me!

I also have diabetes and pretty much control it by diet and do very well. There are always plenty of choices on cruises so I can do this fairly easily.

I absolutely loved Chops on Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas. I had artichokes, sauted mushrooms, asparagas and the best filet mignon! and as you know all of that is good for NOT running up your blood sugar! with all that great food I had no problem passing up dessert!

But I have found even in the regular restuarants there are always plenty of healthy choices for me.

I love the lattes and cappacinos. and since-the cruisehsips will usually making them without the sugary flavorings- (RCCL Mariner of the Seas though did not have a sugar free one) I just add a little splenda to mine and I am happy-but I do like the Starbucks sugar free flavorings-next time I go to my mall I will buy a bottle.

Anne, another thing I do is carry around these little flavored tea and lemonade packets that you add to water. They are great for cruises. I do not drink much in carbonated drinks-I am not too crazy about them- prefer the tea and lemonade and since I found these packets- it is so much easier-when I order iced tea unsweetened -I add a lemonade packet to it-or else I just get a glass of water and make myself a flavored tea.

Another wonderful trick I've found with the Starbucks Syrup is from time to time they have gift packs with 4 small bottles of different flavors. I pick those up to have around for company but put the bottles of Sugar Free away for traveling, they are small enough to fit into a purse. That way when I'm on a cruise and in a dining room I can order a Latte, add Splenda and add my own flavoring and ENJOY!

I see you've sailed the SOS out of Canaveral...We love that ship!

Is there a board anywhere for Crusing with Diabetes?

Hugs,

Anne

Another wonderful trick I've found with the Starbucks Syrup is from time to time they have gift packs with 4 small bottles of different flavors. I pick those up to have around for company but put the bottles of Sugar Free away for traveling, they are small enough to fit into a purse. That way when I'm on a cruise and in a dining room I can order a Latte, add Splenda and add my own flavoring and ENJOY!

I see you've sailed the SOS out of Canaveral...We love that ship!

Is there a board anywhere for Crusing with Diabetes?

Hugs,

Anne

I don't think so Anne-but I do pretty good-I check my blood sugar more often-and because of all the walking I do on ship-it usually stays good and I can occasionially indulge in a treat or two.

Once I did go overboard-We were on Disney Wonder and we ate at Paulos- their specialty restuarant. I had the pizza appetizer and tiramasu-which was HUGE more like Olive Garden's- then the smaller size the cruiseships give you normally. I also had a drink later in one of the lounges. The next morning my blood sugar was 180 fasting overnight! But I knew I had overdone it-I just decided I was going to splurge-that was the last night of the cruise and my blood sugar had been great all week so I thought maybe I could have a little more.

Now if I had ate only half the tirmasu-not had any pizza and had a rum and diet coke instead of the sugary drink -I would have been fine.

Anyway it took me 2 or 3 days to get my blood sugar readings back to where they should be-so I knew I could not do that anymore. I have kept my self-control on the 2 cruises I have taken since that one. One reason why I like the cappacinos-If I have no sugery syrups and only sweeten them with splenda I am fine and I like them well enough I feel they are a "treat" and I can skip dessert without feeling deprived.

But I will get me some Starbucks syrup. I wear a lanyard on cruises that has room for my card and meds and my teas things I carry around. I could make room for the syrup too I am sure. Especially if I get the gift pack size.

Archived