St. Martin question

I have booked a cruise going to San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Martin on the Victory for February 07 with friends from my area. When I went to see my mother the other night, she informed me that she has booked a cruise with her friends for February 07 on the Glory. She will be going to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Martn. We will both be in St. Martin at the same time. Has anybody been to St. Martin who tell me where an easy place to meet will be. Mom wants to catch up with us for a drink but none of either groups has ever been there.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/546620219/2307037330066753057MTpGTB

hopefully you both arrive at the same time.

while walking on the pier there will be a bank of telephones to the left before you come to the stores. you can meet there.

There is also a sign that will say Welcome to St AMrten-- you can meet there

If you are arriving at about the same time, or want to hang out at the cruise facility, I would suggest meeting at one of the shops there at Harbour Point Village, like Little Switzerland -- gives you something to look at and is a definitive spot, as opposed to a generic by the phones or at the bar.

If you might be downtown, I would suggest either a restaurant/bar on the boardwalk, like Taloula Mango's or perhaps under the Welcome to St. Maarten sign on the little pier, where the water taxis deliver passengers.

When we were on St.Martin last week on Glory, we were first to arrive to the port. Victory came about an hour or even more later and was still there when we left. So meeting on the pier would be just a waste of time for one of you. I would thing a cafe or a restaurant in town would be better idea. Also as a thought of how to communicate, here is an idea. We have T-Mobile and phones were working there but charges would have been $1.45 a minute. But text messaging was $.35 for outgoing message and received messages are free if you have a plan. They just go against your plan allotement. So this would be a quick and inexpensive way to finalise plans and time. Contact your cell provider for details.

I've made this suggestion here before, and it looks like a good time to do so again.

I often see two-way radios on sale online and at places like Fry's or (hate to say this) WalMart for under $20 for a set of two. Buy a set and split them before your cruise and you'll be in business.

Just remember to synchronize which channel you will be using.

Archived