advice on various tours

mikeallen

My wife and I are on the summit northbound on July 1 followed by a land tour for 6 days with celebrity (Pkg #2) and need some help in picking tours. We have cruised many times (Mediterranean, baltic, greece, polynesia, Caribbean etc.) and have always found that best advice is from others who have been there as to tours. We are interested in a whale watching tour and are not sure if it's best done in Juneau or Icy Point. Also we are interested in White Pass Railroad in Skagway and are not sure if it's worthwhile to combine it with Yukon exploration as it makes for a long day.Any help and advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Mikeallen

You'll find a lot more feedback on your excursions on the Alaska port of call board. I'd suggest you go there.

A favorite for whale watching tours on these boards is the Orca tours with Captain Larry in Juneau. Book independantly through their site. Easy to find via google.

White pass is a must. We didn't go all the way to the Yukon but did take a tour which took the train in and bus out - with a stop at a salmon bake at Liarsville. But those who did go to Yukon did enjoy their trips.

Archived