Help me choose a balcony cabin on Millennium

catharine

Hi - I am seriously considering a cruise on the Millennium for next year (Mediterranean). I have learned what CC cabins are the most desirable. If I were to step down to an Oceanview, what do I need to know?

Thanks, cruisecritics!

Catharine

PS - I should mention that I tend to prefer mid-level deck, middle deck cabins because of concerns about seasickness. Do I need to worry in the Med on Millie?

Hi - I am seriously considering a cruise on the Millennium for next year (Mediterranean). I have learned what CC cabins are the most desirable. If I were to step down to an Oceanview, what do I need to know?

Thanks, cruisecritics!

Catharine

PS - I should mention that I tend to prefer mid-level deck, middle deck cabins because of concerns about seasickness. Do I need to worry in the Med on Millie?

I am also considering balcony cabins that are not CC class.

A lot depends on where you want to be on the ship. Go to celebrity web site and look at the deck plans. We prefer Midship cabins. Also look at the trip itinerary to see direction ship takes and if it comes to any land and what side of the ship you want to be on for the view. There are regular veranda cabins on the same decks as CC rooms as well as on deck six which is all non CC cabins. This is from memory on my past bookings and you can verify on the web page by picking your date and seeing what space is available or even call celebrity.

I am also considering balcony cabins that are not CC class.

2A: 8160,8146,9173,9138

2B: 7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,

2C:6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,

CC: 9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160,

From what I remember, there are a few cabins in the 6028 area that have larger than usual verandas. The lounge chairs can fit facing out. As far as oceanview, get 6019. It is absolutely huge. These are not midships, but great cabins

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

We were on the Millenium in Feb 2005 in cabin 6027 ... it's a 2C class cabin. The cabin itself is the regular size ... 170 sq ft, convertible twin beds, drop down bed from the ceiling, & a sofa bed. There were 4 adults in this room...it was tight but we managed. The verandah is about twice the size of the regular verandahs. You can easily put 4 deck chairs or 2 loungers on it along with a small side table & have lots of room. It is not a CC and when we requested 1 lounge chair last year, and even with a well-greased palm, the attendant could not provide it. Be prepared to bring a fold out chair if you want a lounge. The verandah is partially covered by the verandah above but if you sit closer to the rail rather than the doorway, you'll get sunshine.

Although the cabin is pretty much forward on the ship, we had no sea-sickness problems. It was very windy the first couple of nights out but we didn't notice any rocking/rolling at all.

This past February, we were in 7027 on the Summit (it's a 2B) ... same layout as the Millie. The cabin was standard & so was the verandah ... For our upcoming cruise through the Panama in Feb/07, we've booked 6027 simply because of the balcony.

Whatever your decision, enjoy your cruise.

We were on Summit in '02 in 9125 which at that time was a 1-A, now a CC. This past January we were on Summit again in 6096, a 2-C and did not see much difference. The CC is slightly larger but not so much as you'd notice and the "amenities" for CC are not that big of a deal for the $$$. If I am going to spend some significant dollars for an upgrade, let it be a suite!

I can honestly tell you from experience after being in 9038 that 9038 9043 wedge shaped Verandahs on The Milliennum class are excellent. Also the cabins on deck 8 and 7 that are wedge shaped are also very good. We returned from our cruise on April 23 and 9038 was nice and quiet and very close to the elevators and stairs going up to the pool area. If I can get that cabin again I will. Anyway good hunting and I hope you get a great cabin.

I can honestly tell you from experience after being in 9038 that 9038 9043 wedge shaped Verandahs on The Milliennum class are excellent.

Thanks, I was able to get 6048 on the Millennium! It is on of the ones with the wedge shaped verandahs, but on the 6th deck.

Thanks, I was able to get 6048 on the Millennium! It is on of the ones with the wedge shaped verandahs, but on the 6th deck.

When you see your room steward have him bring a lounge chair to the verandah I have a picture of ours with the lounge chair on it. In fact I took quite a few pictures of 9038. Anyway have a great cruise :)

Naked, We were just on the Infinity and the CC rooms that have the large balconies are 6135 and 6136, also 6143 and 6144. 6134 is a Royal Suite and 6145 a Sky Suite. Didn't want the OP to get confused.
Bingo. You are right!

These are much bigger than the weggies.

Tell me about how big that balcony was please, we have 7080 booked for a Med cruise and are curious. Thanks.

Cozzello, it is probably not quite twice as large as a regular veranda. We were able to get four of us, with chairs, on the veranda for wine and cheese. It is wedge-shaped but very, very nice.

Frank.

We were in 8046 on the Millennium and I would say that the balcony is about 50% bigger than those next to it. I loved this cabin and balcony. While we were planning this cruise someone graciously sent me these pictures and I try to post them whenever I can to give people a better idea of these special balconies. These are from the Infinity, but all the M-class ships have the same.

http://www.boomspeed.com/desertbelle/Infinity1.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/desertbelle/Infinity3.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/desertbelle/Infinity2.jpg

Archived