Panama Canal Bargain

tn1728

FYI, there was a nice price drop today on the 11/25/06 SJU to LAX 14 day Panama Canal cruise. Almost $700 per person less than when we booked in January!

This is an itinerary that had a change from FLL to SJU, and they added a Curacao as a port.

I am very happy!

FYI, there was a nice price drop today on the 11/25/06 SJU to LAX 14 day Panama Canal cruise. Almost $700 per person less than when we booked in January!

This is an itinerary that had a change from FLL to SJU, and they added a Curacao as a port.

I am very happy!

Hi Tn !

This was a very unusual experience, where a starting point of a cruise changed so dramatically. Usually, it might get changed (for example) from Ft Lauderdale to Miami. It is VERY rare that a cruise is changed from Florida to San Juan. That is a whole different can of worms.

I would think the change created some cancellations, and now Celebrity is paying the price for this decision, especially as it is usually more expensive to Fly to San Juan as opposed to Florida. For those like yourself who can work with it, you get to save money !

I would love to know why Celebrity made this change. Sometimes, you just have to scratch your head and wonder.

Port congestion at the end.

Hi Ocn !

You think they couldnt get the ship into Miami or even Port Canaveral instead of Ft Lauderdale ? What about Port of Palm Beach ? I hear they have a passenger terminal now, and are going to go after Cruise Ship business more agressively, which is a good idea. I have to think Celebrity has the clout to make it happen.

I still think someone at Celebrity made a very curious decision.

When the port change was announced, Celebrity did offer $100 per person for the additional airfare cost, plus a $100 stateroom credit. That did not quite cover our additional airfare, but it was better than nothing!

I kept wondering if a lot of people cancelled their sailing, our roll call dried up right about that time, and I think I am the only one still posting. But with prices like this for a 14 day cruise, I am sure they will fill the ship back up.

I think that there were similar price drops and Celebrity credits for the eastbound Summit passengers too.

Theresa

Archived