Snuba Excursion in Cozumel

bahami

I recently booked a snuba excursion for me and my 11 year old son with Mayan Paradise Tours. However, I just received an email telling me that they were refunding my deposit as they were closing their business. This was really disappointing but now I have to find another reputable operator for a snuba trip as my DS is really looking forward to it.

Can any of you recommend any particular tour operators that are safe, reliable and do a good job with this.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Go to sunset beach in Cozumel and look for Sanddollar sports. Look for Pancho and he will take care of you. They do snuba, snorkeling and discover scuba at this place. You will have a great time. If you go there, please tell Pancho that Ernie(Ernesto) says hi.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
The company probably went out of business because most of the reefs were damaged in the hurricane last year. We went snorkling and there was nothing to see.

That is damage to some shallow reefs closer to shore in some parts of Cozumel. But most of the reefs further away from shore are still good, in fact some are supposed to be much better due to sand being washed away. Cozumel remains one of the premier diving and snorkeling places in the world.

Here's a recent article on Cozumel's diving, with amazing pictures:

http://dive.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=3308

Archived