How long to get on and off the boat in Belize?

sthrnbelle

At the moment Belize is still a tender port. Carnival is building a pier that will be open in a few years.

If you get one of the big new tenders the ride is about 15 minutes. If you get one of the older boats it can take up to half an hour. It is a nice ride though I enjoyed watching the coast come closer and closer. I do not believe there is any way you can chose which tender you get, just luck of the draw.

Su

ride was over 20 minutes. the ships anchor 4 miles from shore. enjoyed the ride, especially on the way back looking to belize as it faded into the distance.

nothing to do in belize city so plan an excursion either through the ship or privately. mm,

Thanks, I was curious because our excursion is in the afternoon so I wanted to shop in the morning (I know theres not a whole lot but did want to buy a few things here) and was curious about getting off the boat, shopping, taking stuff back to the boat and then making it back for the excursion. Didn't really want to carry the souvenirs on the boat for the excursion but it sounds like too much effort and time to go back and forth.

Archived