Zenith, Bermuda Fall 2007 questions???

I Luv Crusin

Hello, My Dh and I will be celebrating his 50th Birthday and our 25 Anniversary Sept/Oct 2007. We honeymooned in Bermuda and we would like to go back. I'm thinking of the Zenith for out trip but I want to make a good choice.

1) Is the Zenith a good ship? Is she in good repair?

2) What is it like sailing out of Cape Liberty in the fall?

3) Are there opportunities to ballroom dance on the Zenith?

4) Will the Zenith be a good Celebrity experience?

5) How is the staffing in the dining room? We found the HAL Zeendam seemed to be slightly understaffed or maybe it was because our waitstaff and 2 large table and a couple of small tables.

6) What nights are formal nights on the Bermuda run? Are tuxes the norm in the dining room or are dark suits?

Any other hints???

Thanks!

Hello, My Dh and I will be celebrating his 50th Birthday and our 25 Anniversary Sept/Oct 2007. We honeymooned in Bermuda and we would like to go back. I'm thinking of the Zenith for out trip but I want to make a good choice.

1) Is the Zenith a good ship? Is she in good repair?

2) What is it like sailing out of Cape Liberty in the fall?

3) Are there opportunities to ballroom dance on the Zenith?

4) Will the Zenith be a good Celebrity experience?

5) How is the staffing in the dining room? We found the HAL Zeendam seemed to be slightly understaffed or maybe it was because our waitstaff and 2 large table and a couple of small tables.

6) What nights are formal nights on the Bermuda run? Are tuxes the norm in the dining room or are dark suits?

Any other hints???

Thanks!

Ok...we think alike...we both posted at the same time! :D

Ok, I've tentatively booked the Zenith for Sept 07. I know have some other questions.

7) What time is dinner? Is there only one seating, early and late?

8) Is a concerige cabin worth it?

9) Should I check prices with a travel agent?

10) If Celebrity lowers the price will they give me a credit?

Just my opinion...

You will love the Zenith. Very warm and rich color about the ship. Lots of glass and chrome...to give it a larger feel. Staff is beyond kind and friendly. Whenever you needed one...they just appeared! When they do something for you...THEY thank you for doing it!

Dinner is at 6:00 or 8:30.

I like that on half the nights they flip-flop the show times. Meaning... for our 8:30 seating, we sometimes saw the entertainment at 7:00 or 10:15.

Formal night is Sunday & Thursday for the Bermuda run.

A show is offered every evening and specialty nights are late night events for a few days of the cruise.

Just my opinion...

You will love the Zenith.

Thank you!!! Does the ship feel crowded? We just went on HAL and there where about 1400 on a 50K ton ship and the Zenith is smaller. I know that the cabins are smaller but what about the public space? Are there any alternative places to eat?

What about tipping? Do you tip in cash or pre-pay?

Thanks again!

I never felt it was crowded...unlike the Voyager megaship we sailed on last year. There were at times that we felt we owned the ship & didn't see a soul around. They have everything well laid out and crowds were never an issue.

There are no specialty restaurants. Caravelle is your dining room...open for all 3 meals. Dinner is the only one where you are assigned a table. The Windsurf Cafe is the buffet line style. A straight buffet line and then a separate island for salads and another for deserts. Also at the back of the Cafe for breakfast there are pancakes & the most delicious waffles, and for lunch pasta, pizza & deli-made to order sandwiches. Right outside of the Cafe on the back deck is a grill...omelettes for breakfast, hambergers, skewered chicken, french fries, etc. for most of the afternoon.

Regarding tips you can either give each person $ in an envelope they supply, or you can put it on your credit card. They will give you vouchers to hand to each person to show you acknowledged them. We also got envelopes for this, so that we added some extra $ for those that went above and beyond.

Keep the questions coming...

oK, I took my Sunday afternoon nap and thought of some more questions.

I booked a Concierge Class cabin as a surprise for my DH because this cruise is for our anniversary but its on the Atlantic deck. We will be bothered by noise from the Marina deck above us? Is there a better deck to book?

Are the amenities worth the concierge class?

Are there opportunities available for ballroom dancing on the Zenith?

What is the general demographic of the Zenith's cruises to Bermuda?

Archived