carnival cribs

ksufan

I know there is some info on cribs on this site, but it seems really out dated. Has anyone used a crib on Carnival recently. We are sailing on Ecstasy in July with DGD age 20 months. Should we depend on crib from cruise line, or carry our own play and pack?? Anyone with an opinion or recent experience??

I cruised the Carnival Truimph last October with my then 6m DD. We had a crib provided for us. It was a smaller white traditional style crib. My DD didn't have too much trouble sleeping in it after the first night, even though for her it was pretty low to the ground and she kept sticking her hands and feet out of the bars. The one trick we learned the second night was to get an extra big blanket and put it OVER the crib to block out her immediate sight of us, light and some sound. She was just like a baby bird after a while, put the blanket over the crib and she would settle down and go right to sleep. In fact, she is 13m now and we just stayed overnight in a hotel and used the blanket method at night -- worked great.

My only advise would be to bring some Lyseol wipes to wipe down the crib bars. I felt much better after I did that. It was very nice NOT taking her pack-n-play aboard -- we already had too much luggage anyway.

Good luck and happy cruising!

Thanks for the info. We stayed in a hotel recently and used one of the small white cribs. You're right about it being close to the floor. The blanket idea is great. We will try it...

Archived