Cool Runnings Sail and Dunns Falls

sunryz710

Hi there...I did a LOT of asking around on this one, and only heard good things

about both Cool Runnings and the Sundancer

I booked the Sundancer since it has the option of being in shade and/or out in sun, it is a 2 story party boat

The main thing about both CR and sundancer that I think I will like is that you can go to the falls and come back without all the hassle others seem to experience there

both of them go to the shore there...get off and climb the falls, or climb the stairs and/or look around, visit gift shop/go to beach...you have some time there...then ...back onboard right from there without going thru the 'guantlet" of vendors

many people do complain about the falls that at the top you often exit thru this really pushy group of vendors...there is apparently a way to get around it but many get caught up with them..sounds like a hassle

also people have said that the parking lot where you reboard your bus can have people hassling you and trying to sell you things

To me it just seems nicer to go there via water...I have been on some islands in old rattletrap vehicles with no air conditioning and dont enjoy that....the ships tours have you on a bus which I dont like either

for me the water way seems best...I plan to go to the island village after getting back...they say that is nice

Carnival offers both the sundancer, the cool runnings and another more expensive "yacht" with champage etc...LOL>> I found it a bit pricey

I hear the cool runnings really puts on a party...both of them offer some rum punch and music and fun on the way back so JMO this is a good deal in Jamaica

I am going may 8 on imagination and will post reviews when I get back!

Thanks Lola !

This is sort of my own "unofficial" report LOL>> but after reading a LOT of trip reports on Jamaica, I think that really any of the "party boats" to the falls offer a more stress free way to see them

unless you are with a big group and hire a good driver from these boards, going via water is probably a good choice

I personally do NOT like the idea of that parking lot/flea market place "up top" of the falls....sounds like a pure hassle, and that is why many seem to dislike Jamaica

Have heard only good stuff about the various "boats" to the falls...

also lots of good reports about the "Island Village"

I am on vacaction to relax, have a good time, not to "do everything" or get stressed out...so....Sundancer to the falls for me <grin>

• 3 weeks later...

Archived