Getting to Rosarito from Ensenada

Mikey3w11

My family originally planned to drive to Rosarito Mexico to visit the Foxploration Titanic attraction. We then decided that we would kill two birds with one stone and cruise on the Paradise and avoid driving in Mexico. We don't want to take the ship sponsored tour. Has anyone gone to Rosarito from Ensenada, if so, how did you get there?

This is one tour I would probably take through the cruise line. It is roughly about 60 miles from Ensenada to Rosarito. The cruise lines do a pretty good job using tour operators that have decent equipment. You never really know what you will get if you do it on your own. I have heard of no other operators offering the tour. I highly recommend, however way you do it, to sit on the side of the bus that is towards the ocean. On your way back you will see what I mean when you get to the cliffs overlooking the ocean.;)

• 3 weeks later...

It is less than 50 miles by toll road from Ensenada to Rosaroto. There is also a local two-lane highway that in many places follows the beach line that is exactly 50 miles. My recommendation is that you take a taxi.

I have taken the bus between Ensenada and Rosarito and it was easy, cheap and safe. I would still recommend just relaxing on that day on the ship, as you will not miss anything in either Ensenada or Rosarito.

The country side between the two is very pretty though, lots of green rolling hills and nice shots of the ocean but that is all ruined once you start walking around.

• 2 months later...

so how did you get there? i'm curious.

i don't find driving in Mexico scary or difficult at all. really nice freeways. tolls are reasonable to drive on such nice roads. very little traffic. just get Mexican insurance at San Ysidro at the US border before driving in.

and drive even more carefully than usual. don't want to get into an accident. that's a real hassle down there.

Archived