Current shows on Qm2

bonni99

Hi- we are due to sail to the fjords aboard QM2 on May 11th- can anyone tell me what the shows were on the recent sailings? Should we be prepared to see rock at the opera, Apassionata and Zing Went the Strings again? (We've sailed 3 times now!)

We just travelled on a 12 day cruise Rio-New York.

I thought the production shows poor, and the sight lines in the main theatre terrible. We had to be there at at least ten minutes before the show to get a seat with a decent view.

Perhaps we were spoiled as previously we had been on seven consecutive Celebrity cruises, where the theatre seating is excellent. Except that they all had the same shows!

On QM2 they had an English soprano who was marvellous, and a ballet/magic act, "Mysteriaque", who were superb - for the second time, as I had seen them on Celebrity previously.

But those acts were just on for one performance and off at the next port.

As for the singing and dancing acts of the repertory on QM2............?

We got off QM2 in New York and went to see "The Producers" on Broadway. The difference in professional standards was amazing.

Two of the shows you mention are all still there. I liked Rock at the Opera, and saw it two sailings in a row. However, I do not think I would go to it a third time. Appasionata is still there, but I do not remember seeing "Zing Went The Strings" on the schedule.

I missed Mysteriaque. I heard good things about it.

In addition, there was an Elton John impersonator who was very good. I felt like I was watching Elton John live. His little talks in between songs - very brief - though, were a bit awkward. He should have gone straight into one song after the prior. But I do not think he was continuing on with all sailings. Probably just traveling from point A to point B on the QM2.

Paul

Archived