Beaches/chairs questions

jenjes3

Hi husband and I will be sailing on the Zenith to Bermuda on 09/09/06. I have done some research on what beaches are a must. What is everyone's suggestion? What beaches offer chairs to rent? I don't mind a towel once in a while but would to sit in a lounge chair. Do most people take cab or bus to the different beaches/or moped?

Thank you.

Karen

Does Warwick or Horseshoe Beach have chairs/facilities. Thank you.

Hi Karen,

At Horseshoe there are bathrooms with showers, a snack bar and rentals for chairs,snorkel equipement and other beach & water toys. At Warwick there are bathrooms and a person comes and sets up a stand with chair rentals & drinks and snacks. We went to Bermuda twice last year and went to both beaches. Horseshoe is really beautiful but can get crowded. The day we spent at Warwick was fabulous as we almost had the whole beach to ourselves. I am sure you will enjoy whichever one you chose. As for transportation we chose to use the bus/ferry. You can buy a three day pass on board your ship for $27 and it is unlimited. The busses are clean and safe & very dependable and very easy to use. The drivers are also very pleasant and helpful. We have avoided the mopeds as Bermuda drivers are a little crazy and last year we saw quite a few accidents involving tourists on mopeds. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions I would be happy to try and answer them for you. Have a great time on your trip. We are going back for a third time 2 weeks after you.

Suzanne

Thanks for the information Suzanne.. How about Tobacco Beach by St. George, do they offer chairs and facilities? Is there any beach we shouldn't miss? Wow.. just checking your profile.. you are a lucky lady.. 3 upcoming cruises! How do you do it? Freedom of the Seas 11/06.. I would love to be on that sailing! Husband and & I are thinking of booking that next year~....

Thanks again!

Karen

St Catherines beach also has chairs and umbrellas to rent in St George with a not so nice bathroom. ITs part of a bar/restuarant. Its less crowded that Tobacco bay, and is about the same distance from the ship(its a 15 minute walk) or a $3.00 pp cab ride...

Archived