Newcomer to Royal Caribbean

The wife and I are taking the Sovereign of the Seas for a four day spin to the Bahamas out of Port Canaveral sometime in August. This is our second cruise but first on RCI. Our previous trip was on Carnival to Cozumel out of Tampa. There will probably be many inquiries to come between now and August, but let me start with a couple for now. I noticed that our departure time is 5:00 PM. Does anyone know when you can actually board? If you can't get on until 4:00 or so, wouldn't that affect the early dinner seating that evening? Especially since you don't always get your bags right away and the muster drill etc. I think we requested late seating so it is not a big issue but I would like to get on ASAP to get a free lunch maybe! Does anyone know which night is the formal one? We spend the first day until 5:00 PM at CoCo Cay and the second day in Nassau until midnight with the third day at sea. I want to make sure that I am getting my moneys worth and I dont want to miss a meal on that ship! I also would welcome any advice or tips about this cruise.

Thank You Much!

Usually Royal Caribbean will let you start boarding between 11 and 12pm, although it depends on how quickly the ship clears from the previous cruise. Usually they require people to be on board by 4pm.

We were just on the Sovereign for the second time in March and You can usually board between 11 and 11:30 with no problem-- you will have to carry your carry-on with you as you will not be able to get to your room till around 1:00 p.m.--Be sure to pack a swimsiut and you can go to the Windjammer Rest. for buffet lunch--Gives you a good chance to explore the ship before dinner-- you may not get your luggage at 1 but they will open the doors on each deck to the rooms and it is a good time to meet your room attendent and "butter" him up so he takes good care of you !! Formal night is the day you are in COCO-cay-- Enjoy the island --it is a no stress place where you just chill out for the day on the beach-- be carefull the sun is hot and many people get BURNT-- when in Nassau--take a taxi over to Atlantis and walk through --- Enjoy :D :D

Archived