Room Service Question

sunryz710

The minimum I would ever tip room service would be a buck... I just can't see trying to figure out how much "change" to give them... if they bring several items, I will tip $2-$3... I don't have to pay extra for it, and I'm not having to go get it myself... it's worth a buck at least.

Ala-kat I wasn't referring to your post, but I do think a couple of bucks is warranted with multiple breakfast items, but just a cup of coffee, I don't think so, even if they bring a pot on their own volition.

My bad, typo on my part. Meant to say 'It wasn't suggested' instead of 'I wasn't suggested'. I would tip $1 for coffee, but not $2 (unless I was ordering for several folks). For someone to bring me a pot of coffee before I'm ready to face the world, well worth the $1.

I don't by any means want to start a tipping war, but the thought of tipping $2.00 for a cup of coffee seems excessive to me. That's just about what it cost in a restaurant for the whole pot with refills. I haven't tipped anywhere near that for coffee or tea in the morning.
:confused: I'm looking back at the previous posts in this thread and I don't see where anyone mentioned tipping $2 for one cup of coffee . Like GC, I find it pretty easy just to bring a wad of $1 bills for tipping. The guy is bringing the stuff to our room so I personally don't have a problem giving them at least a $1. If you want to tip less that's fine, there is no written rule, but someone asked and we gave our opinion.

John

Boy that room service menu looks GREAT!! I noticed that the sandwhiches are served plain - can you order lettuce and tomato to go with them?

I think what they mean by 'plain' is untoasted bread. The ham and cheese, as well as the turkey sandwiches I've ordered have come with lettuce and tomato. You can always tell them - 'extra lettuce and tomato'... just in case.

The roast beef and brie on baguette is wonderful!:)

The roast beef and brie on baguette is wonderful!:)

Yes it is!!! As is the BLT!!!! And Caesar salad with chicken!!! And the cookies and brownies :D Oh my, I've gotten myself hungry, but it's not the same on dry land :(

Archived